MM title sequences - a new finding

Rate this topic

Guest AD Skinner

Oh my God, that has really put me into the mood to watch season four. Just a shame there isn't a season four, but still ,very well made and put together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Lady3Jane

A very astute person over at imdb posted this information (quoted with permission):

I really find this kind of information absolutely fascinating - not just the detail that went into even the title sequences, but that there are MM fans out there who can provide these additions to our knowledge of the show.

The discussion on MM's imdb board arose from questions about the title sequences. I was able to answer some of the questions because I've done a rough translation of the featurette on the S1 DVD - which has reminded me that I haven't finished that and posted it here. Another thing on my list of things to do!

That shot is quite famous. They must have had 3 or 4 cameras on the place when they lit up that bomb (I've seen other versions from the exposion of the house).

You can view original shot here.

• 1 month later...

That shot was also seen in a Frank Black vision in the episode Marantha, which was next to last episode of season 1.

And wasn't it used in Terminator 2? This shot has been used in countless shows and movies, since it's in public domain, right?

Guest RodimusBen

That shot was also seen in a Frank Black vision in the episode Marantha, which was next to last episode of season 1.

And wasn't it used in Terminator 2? This shot has been used in countless shows and movies, since it's in public domain, right?

I think all of the armageddon sequences in T2 were done with models. I remember because they looked so real and scary to me as a kid, but seem so fake now :smile:

Guest Lady3Jane

Yes, those should public domain. But I think it's also a very scary and emotional affecting shot (at least for me). One can only imagine how much power and destruction an A-bomb can cause. We saw pictures from Hirsohima or Chernobyl, but you see this massive looking house is blown away like it was made of paper...

• 2 months later...
Guest jamhaw

Rummaging through the internets, I came across the best fan-made opening titles for season 4 I've seen so far:

That was very well done! Indeed had that actually been the credits for Season 4 I would not have had anything to complain about. It did make me feel a little sad since I can't see Season 4 of course.

It's great work isn't it? Is it Ben's handy work I wonder? I seem to think he did a Season Four opening sequence even if it wasn't this one.

It gets extra kudos from me simply because Lara puts in an appearance. I'm easy to please.

Eth