isaac Newton and the End of the World

Rate this topic

hippyroo

"His famously analytical mind worked out the laws of gravity and unravelled the motion of the planets.

And when it came to predicting the end of the world, Sir Isaac Newton was just as precise.

He believed the Apocalypse would come in 2060 – exactly 1,260 years after the foundation of the Holy Roman Empire, according to a recently published lette

But he confidently stated in the letter that the Bible proved the world would end in 2060, adding: "It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner."

Continuing in a decidedly sniffy tone, he wrote: "This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."

But he got at least one thing right – in another document, he interpreted biblical prophecies to mean that the Jews would return to the Holy Land before the world ended."

Wow, I knew he was a Christain, but I didn't know he applied his briiliance to the end of the world as we know it!

Guest SouthernCelt
another thread bites the dust , lol!

My thoughts exactly! And even though my name was thrown about with abandon, I had nothing to do with running this topic down the garden path of nonsense. (Sometimes I get the feeling we're in Wonderland and we're all incarnations of Alice :yes: ...except, of course, for Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee -- see above posts with pix.)

Guest ein042

Ahh Geese I was KIDDING! Didn't you guys see the big LOL!

I would much rather see pics of half naked men than hear about the end of the world :oneeyedwinK

Forgive them Hippyroo. They are simply demonstrating Newton's Law of Motion.

To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction: or, the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts." And there you have it: Newton's Laws of Motion.

See? they are always directed to their contrary parts.

Bon

-who should probably go back to lurkdom

not to worry Ein and Hippyroo. I cant speak for Bliss, but i deleted because of being scolded by Celt.

as most of you that know me, i am even temper. I rarely get mad. I have been described as a big man with a big heart. I have to admit my sense of humor gets the best of me