What Moved You Most?

Rate this topic

Guest se7en

Guest se7en

......okay,short but sweet: "Besides the main and/or recurring characters what single performance moved you the most...and why?"

~se7en :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Easy mate, the most moving scene in MillenniuM has to be Frank and Catherine's wonderful scene in The Sound of Snow. When Frank just lets go and puts himself first for once, lost in his grief for his wife...

Now that's Lance Henriksen Magic!

Guest se7en

......i can agree wih that as one of the best but it's what performance "besides" the main/recurring characters that moved you the most. ........and why? lol!

~cheers,

se7en :ouro:

Guest A Stranger

That's a hard one, excluding the main characters but I would go with the scene in "In Arcadia Ego" when Janet gives birth. I found that very moving. Also the "you must be very lonely" conclusion in "Somehow..." as the four deomons sulk. I found that entire scene with Toby the demon to very moving, actually. The "why" I guess would be that I found the themes relevant to my life and delivered very well.

Good thread!

Edited by A Stranger

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

I think for the best it would be a toss-up between the scene at the end of 'The Wild and the Innocent' with Frank and Maddie or the scene in the church with Galon Calloway in 'Kingdom Come'. Outstanding performances.

But for a minimalist triumph, look no further than Henry Dion in 'Paper Doves'. Some may be surprised after things I have said about the episode but I assure you, the only reason I dislike it is because of the obscure, ham-handed treatment of the Polaroid Stalker.

Dion is a heart-breaking case, all he wants is to live peacefully how he wants to live, rather than following his dotty mother's wishes. The scene in the woods where he wistfully sighs 'I wanted to be a DJ...' is spellbinding. Watch it.

All the ones that were mentioned were ones I thought of....But I have to say that, one of the most moving performances was not done by a human, but by a horse! A WHITE horse...at the end of "Broken World" who goes to Franks rescuse, and tramples the murderer along with the other horses in the barn.

Guest chrisnu

It's a tie between Jose Chung and Alex Glaser ("Luminary"). In two completely different ways, both characters left themselves open like a book for us to see. One, a burnt-out cynic who found no pleasure on life, and let that infiltrate their every action. The other, one who was world-weary and sought detachment, took action to find out who they really were. Both were terrific, flawed examples of real people with their own individual problems, but shared a common link: their own humanity. That transcends television.