What Moved You Most?

Guest se7en

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

......yes but....................none of you spoke of WHY if moved you so much!

~cheers,

se7en :ouro:

Well, again, I thought everybody was sick of hearing about it...but, since you asked..... :tongue:

I was inspired by Alex's story. By his jouney. I've been in the same kind of lost place for more years than I want to count...and wish I COULD get inspired by something, the way he was about Alaska. His story was so inspiring to me....I just wish it could have inspired me enough to have the courage he had to keep looking. I got my spirit broken long ago.

Guest A Stranger

~cheers,

Yes I did. :smokin:

I think something is moving for me the same reason it is for everyone else. Themes or ideas that are relevent to the viewer that are done well pretty much sums up my understanding of it. There are so many factors that come into into play. For instance, the stage in my life when I watched "Lamentation" was different from the stage in my life now. But if I watch the episode now, I'm viewing it from a different prespective and can still find new meaning in it that is relevent to me now. I think when a story is Great with a captial "G" it is able to mold itself through time to the viewer and create new meaning. Millennium as done this with me and I suspect the rest of the people here since the show was been off the air for some four years!

Guest amnesic

~cheers,

i'm not eloquent enough to put it into words

Guest kath

Need help with the shows tital, but it was when the gal gave birth in the boxcar and died, and her friend went outside looked up and said "Love you More" and all she had in her hand was the thing that looked like the madonnas face in her hand and they killed her. Absolute faith that they would be together again. Absolute love that they could not be apart.

When we leave our family or when we say good by on the phone we say Love you bye. We never want a parting to happen that we don't say it- just because- things happen.

Kath

Guest Forza

Peter's death* at the end of the series, the final piano theme as Frank picks up Jordan at school and rides off into the sunset, and Frank's ending monologue.

Every time I see that ending (especially because 66 episodes invariably have preceded it), I have to exclaim (to quote Scully):

"THIS ISN'T HAPPENING!"

* DON'T even try to say that wasn't Peter!

Edited by Forza

Guest se7en
Peter's death* at the end of the series, the final piano theme as Frank picks up Jordan at school and rides off into the sunset, and Frank's ending monologue.

Every time I see that ending (especially because 66 episodes invariably have preceded it), I have to exclaim (to quote Scully):

"THIS ISN'T HAPPENING!"

* DON'T even try to say that wasn't Peter!

LOL! sorry,but it wasn't peter! :tongue: there are simply too many things,IMHO,that point against it.

~se7en :ouro:

Guest Forza
LOL!    sorry,but it wasn't peter! :tongue: there are simply too many things,IMHO,that point against it.

~se7en :ouro:

Pray, do tell!

Guest se7en

........there are at least 2-(1 of them a poll)-threads that deal with this and all opinions/reasons,along with the majority who also feel it was not him should be in MM-discussion category. -(I'M SORRY.....i just do not have time to get into this again right now! it's not you! it's me! i've got to start learning my new laptop!)

~bye for now,

Guest kath

where were the kids & wife? the house was empty, no signs of them, and they were strong enough as a family core to defend themselves and get out.

Second.

The group never leaves behind their dead. they wouldn't have left him in the study to be found, there are too many questions that would have been raised. He would be found in time, to be sure, but the hows and whys of his death like homer petty, would never be known.

What if they had sent Hollis to silence peter- or Mc Clarin?

But, no, it wasn't watts.

Kath