What Moved You Most?

Rate this topic

Guest se7en

• Elders (Admins)
Peter's death* at the end of the series, the final piano theme as Frank picks up Jordan at school and rides off into the sunset, and Frank's ending monologue.

Every time I see that ending (especially because 66 episodes invariably have preceded it), I have to exclaim (to quote Scully):

"THIS ISN'T HAPPENING!"

* DON'T even try to say that wasn't Peter!

Agreed Forza that was a very moving scene. I really felt for the characters who had lost their wife/mother but felt its was a proper conclusion for the series to see them go off together like that. The X-Files ep "Millennium" spoilt it a bit by suggesting Frank checked himself into a mental hospital although he felt it was the right thing to do. Of course Se7en is correct, there's plenty of Topic on the "Body in Peter's Study" to complicate this excellent thread.

Guest Omega

The scenes with Frank and his father, such as the part where Frank shows him the photo of Jordan, and later, seeing his father in the procession of souls who would die during the coming year, so soon after their reconciliation.

The scenes with Frank and his father, such as the part where Frank shows him the photo of Jordan, and later, seeing his father in the procession of souls who would die during the coming year, so soon after their reconciliation.

Yes, "Midnight of the Century" was one of the best! :thumbsup_big:

Guest Wellington

Hi

One of the things that impressed me most was the Old Man's cabin deep into the forest, with the grave stones and the hounds. Oil lamps for light (don't explain the fax, I cannot myself), shelves full of hand written notebooks, a piece of the true cross.

I would love to spend some hours in it and learn what has to be learnt. It gave the Group an out-of-the-world aspect that should have been developped farther than the Old Man's character alone.

Tell me "tradition" and it wets my appetite!

Regards

Guest Midnight2001

I think one of the most moving moments in Millennium featured a character who didn't say a single word - the adult Natalie in the very last scene of Matryoshka. Here was a 50-ish woman whose father died when she was a little girl. She must have remembered very little about him except that she loved him very much. Then she finds a letter that her father wrote to her just before he died - a letter warning Natalie about the very kind of work she's been doing her entire adult life. That was obviously an extremely emotional moment for her. :ouro:

Guest A Stranger
I think one of the most moving moments in Millennium featured a character who didn't say a single word - the adult Natalie in the very last scene of Matryoshka. Here was a 50-ish woman whose father died when she was a little girl. She must have remembered very little about him except that she loved him very much. Then she finds a letter that her father wrote to her just before he died - a letter warning Natalie about the very kind of work she's been doing her entire adult life. That was obviously an extremely emotional moment for her.  :ouro:

Yeah, that was a beautiful ending. One of the most moving in terms of popular music's usage in the show, too.

Guest Midnight2001
Yeah, that was a beautiful ending. One of the most moving in terms of popular music's usage in the show, too.

I agree. Mark Snow's music added so much to the drama of Millennium. They also did a great job of using popular music. The Mills' Brothers "Till Then" was used very effectively throughout Matryoshka, especially in that final scene. I can still hear that song going through my head, and I haven't watched that episode in over a year. Does anyone know if Mark Snow was in charge of integrating popular music into the show, or if anyone else was making suggestions?

Guest A Stranger

I agree. Mark Snow's music added so much to the drama of Millennium. They also did a great job of using popular music. The Mills' Brothers "Till Then" was used very effectively throughout Matryoshka, especially in that final scene. I can still hear that song going through my head, and I haven't watched that episode in over a year. Does anyone know if Mark Snow was in charge of integrating popular music into the show, or if anyone else was making suggestions?

I think it was Morgan and Wong's idea for Frank to be a Bobby Darin fan in season two but other than that I don't know.

maybe cause im a new father and have gon back and watched some episode again or maybe its just because it was a good performance, im not sure. Anyway, in borrowed time when Jordan seemed like she was about to die, and frank pleads with god. Wow it just made me cry, and Im not really one of thoes types that cry at movies and all but Hey I couldnt help, I thought it was great.

-MM