What Moved You Most?

Rate this topic

Guest se7en

The final scenes of Midnight of the Century, beginning with Frank and his father finally embracing, and then seeing his father's spirit coming to the church.

Misty-eyed 4Q2 here.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest michjoto

I'm impressed. How do you all have such a command of these episodes after all this time? I have to wait for the dVDs to catch up to you.

I can't remember the incidentals of the episodes, only glimpses here and there. It is the mood of them that remains so vivid - And the extraordinary characterization that Lance Hendriksen brought to Frank.

I remember after the series went off the air, Lance came on the Fox MM forum and posted a message of appreciation to all the fans that supported the show. A real nice touch that I admired a lot (typical of the humbleness and humanity that he brought to the character of Frank Black.) :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Well some of us were fortunate to purchase Millennium on DVD-R which helps a great deal to quench the thirst!

I have to say that I love this thread, it clearly shows why this programme meant so much to us all and is a wonderful example of what I hoped would take place in setting this Board up. A big thank you to all. I hope more members contribute to it as they join the board. If you are a member that doesn't post or not very often, please post your thoughts here at least. Even a particular example has already been quoted, its nice to read someone else's interpretation and thoughts on the subject!

I've already added one example, but another that made me very emotional, go on I cried like a baby - I could never watch Catherine leave the wooden hut and Jordan and Frank behind, taking that path into the woods without chanting "No, no, no, no" under my breath - one emotional moment for me... How they filmed that and what happened after the scene finished filming I'll never know...

I've already added one example, but another that mad me very emotional, go on I cried like a baby - I could never watch Catherine leave the wooden hut and Jordan and Frank behind, taking that path into the woods without chanting "No, no, no, no" under my breath - one emotional moment for me... How they filmed that and what happened after the scene finished filming I'll never know...

OMG.....Yes....That scene just about killed me when I 1st saw it! That was so well done and emotional and REAL.... You're thinking of what she's thinking as she looks at Frank and Jorden for the last time... She's probably thinking of all the things she'll miss seeing as Jorden grows up.... wondering who's gonna be able to fill that void in her child's life. And, she thinks of Frank, knowing him the way she knows him, and wonders how he's going to be able to handle this. I imagine all the regret going through her mind at that time. All the things she wished she'd done differently....

And, as if living that once wasn't bad enough, then we got to re-live it all in "The Sound of Snow"...........

Guest se7en

....another one for me is the end of "Goodbye to all That" when Frank and Jordan are on the run,driving through the most beautiful sunset and then hearing Jordon utter a line that for many reasons just tears at my soul: "We are all Shephards."

There are many others of course but that always brings such a painfull yet bittersweet lump in my throat and quite often,depending on the mood i am in, tears as well. And not just because of the story at hand, though that is certainly part of it, but because i knew it was the end of an incredible journey after the series-(and yes, just in my opinion)-rebounded so beautifully after the last 1/3 or so of S2 and was on such a creative roll after all the incessant tinkering that Fox "tried" doing to the show very early in S3 until C.C./Johannessen,etc. al. decided to just ignore them and tell the stories they wanted to tell; take Frank on the journey they wanted him to take. And also for what could have been in a S4 and beyond.-( if one of the main postives in S2 was the openning up and the expanding of Frank's character,some lame humor aside, then S3,for me, was ultimately about exploring Frank's psychie, which was intense, dramatic, sometimes disturbing and ultimately cathartic.) for me all that, and more, is wrapped up and intertwined in that one line and in that glorious crimson sky as they drive away. (sigh........ahhh, f***. :no: )

~se7en :ouro:

...I do hope that more members post here as well. It's not only fascinating but,in certain ways, will come in handy for parts of the EP-GUIDE-BOOK. As Gra said, it really does not matter a damn if your commenting on an ep someone else already has. It really doesn't. it does not matter AT ALL if your opinions are popular or not. this thread is about that moves "you" and there really is no accounting for what material, or episode(s) may affect somebody deeply.

• 1 month later...
Guest fledgling666

wow, no one mentioned the kid's performance from ----, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions. when frank talks to him in the interrogation room at the end of the episode and he talks about being "pained" to be here? that scene makes me teary and i don't get teary for nobody, well, the ending scene in the movie "heat" also got to me, but............

'Borrowed time' was on sci-fi the other night and for some reason I burst into tears. This occured at the point where Frank retrieves Jordon from the ice water, puts his arms around her and lays her back down into it with his jacket soaking up the icey water.

this is the only episode of 'millennium' to ever bring me to tears. i was sooooooo convinced that jordan was the one to lose her 'borrowed time' so the young girl on the train could survive. it just tore my heart in two, especially when frank pleads with god...

even when i watch now i can't help but get choked up. this is my personal favorite episode of the series.

j

:ouro:

..........yeah, "Borrowed Time" is very close to being my fav ep as well, but in the end "seven and one" wins by a hair. It is currently in my top 5- however!

~se7en :ouro:

• 6 months later...
Guest Frank L.

I haven't seen season 3 (yet), but for me there were a few moments

that almost moved me to tears.

first the whole "Midnight Of The Century" episode. --> :cry:

and second: the end of "The Time Is Now". --> :nope: I didn't want it to be over.