What Moved You Most?

Rate this topic

Guest se7en

Guest blondton13
I haven't seen season 3 (yet), but for me there were a few moments

that almost moved me to tears.

first the whole "Midnight Of The Century" episode. -->  :cry:

and second: the end of "The Time Is Now".  -->  :nope: I didn't want it to be over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes! I loved Midnight of the Century (one of my top five) and The Time is Now is very sad!! :cry:

Guest shootingstarpress
i'm not eloquent enough to put it into words

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of the most moving moments to me was in "Palaces, Principalities..." where Frank talks to the angel Samael. The actor playing him delivers his lines in the most serene fashion yet everything he says is so anguished: "You don't know how hard it is for me to be here" in particular has a deep resonance with me as a line of dialogue. Samael is giving a glimpse of himself to Frank that perhaps only he can comprehend, but even then it seems to overwhelm him. The performance to me seems to epitomize the entire ethos of the series, the need to confront evil but also to believe that hope is alive despite that evil.

One of the most moving moments to me was in "Palaces, Principalities..." where Frank talks to the angel Samael. The actor playing him delivers his lines in the most serene fashion yet everything he says is so anguished: "You don't know how hard it is for me to be here" in particular has a deep resonance with me as a line of dialogue. Samael is giving a glimpse of himself to Frank that perhaps only he can comprehend, but even then it seems to overwhelm him. The performance to me seems to epitomize the entire ethos of the series, the need to confront evil but also to believe that hope is alive despite that evil.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to agree with just about everyone who has posted here. There were many, many emotional, quality endings. A few that haven't been mentioned that i am particularily fond of are the endings of Lamentations where Frank takes Jordan up to Bletch's favorite mountaintop spot. It was a nice way to honor a trusted friendship between two people, and a way to keep the legacy alive of returning to a place that meant so much. Bletche's dad took him up there as a kid, and now Frank is taking Jordan. A very nice tribute..and a nice example of passing the torch..

Also, in my opinion, i thought the end of Force Majure was done very well also. As Catherine is carrying on off camera about how great it was that Jordan was accepted into a certain upscale school, he glances at the model of the constellation that he bought Jordan, perfectly aligned, and the look on his face is one of uncertainty and apprehension. Of course, we all know that the cataclysmic events did not occur on May 5th, 2000, but that look on his face says it all in the year 1997.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kolchak
Yes! I loved Midnight of the Century (one of my top five) and The Time is Now is very sad!! :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another one that gets me is sort of related to Midnight of the Century. The scene in the Fourth Horseman where Frank is standing at his Father's grave and Jordan gives him the Angel and he places it on the grave. A very touching scene in an otherwise terrifying/disturbing episode.

Another one that gets me is sort of related to Midnight of the Century.  The scene in the Fourth Horseman where Frank is standing at his Father's grave and Jordan gives him the Angel and he places it on the grave.  A very touching scene in an otherwise terrifying/disturbing episode.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the fact that he feels so detached even there, amidst all the surrounding darkness. Yes, it's a death, but his family is there and grief often brings people together yet he gives that remark. It's such an extremely dark episode.

• 1 month later...
And the fact that he feels so detached even there, amidst all the surrounding darkness. Yes, it's a death, but his family is there and grief often brings people together yet he gives that remark. It's such an extremely dark episode.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gravity Well....dittos...i have two episodes that i would like to share that affected me as well...first was surprisingly, Force Majure. The scene was at the end when Catherine tells Frank that Jordan has just been accepted to some prestigious school, she gets up and walks away with Jordan and Frank looks down at the constellation model with all the planets aligned, just that look on his face, one of uncertainty and unknown expectations..

the ending of Lamentations i found very touching as well. If you remember, in the beginning, Bletch trudges up Mt. Baker and tells Frank that his father used to take him to the same spot when he was a kid. Well, after Bletch's death, we see Frank trudging Jordan up to the very same spot where he and Bletch once stood. He says nearly the EXACT same thing that Bletch told him at the beginning of the show, and that is..Bletch to Frank...

"It's the only thing in my life that never changes"

What Frank tells Jordan is...

"It's the one thing in life that will never

change"

I just thought it was a splendid farewell to Bletch's character and an honor to his and Frank's friendship..his legacy would carry on with Frank and Jordan..who wouldn't do that for a best friend?

post-1098-1115347291.jpg

......okay,short but sweet: "Besides the main and/or recurring characters what single performance moved you the most...and why?"

~se7en :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

for the life of me i cant remember the name of the episode but as they are burying the old man, it cuts to peter watts sneaking into the nazi compound in south america, then to two other members assasinating the nazi hit man, that was a great ending, very "Godfatherish" today the millennium group settled all company business..lol, and to top it off it the real piece of the cross ends up with the new old man, that was great...

for the life of me i cant remember the name of the episode but as they are burying the old man, it cuts to peter watts sneaking into the nazi compound in south america, then to two other members assasinating the nazi hit man, that was a great ending,  very "Godfatherish" today the millennium group settled all company business..lol, and to top it off it the real piece of the cross ends up with the new old man, that was great...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gunslinger my friend....that was Roosters....i have the prayer as my signature...Peter at his assassin best....

Guest Frank L.

Some other very moving moments:

"Borrowed Time" -- Frank breaking down at Jordan's bed begging for her life

"The Sound Of Snow" -- Frank walking after Catherine and later holding her in his arms. And the scene were a frightened Jordan comes running out of the forest to Giebelhouse and his men. I absolutely LOVED "The Time Is Now", and these scenes were great additions to this fantastic episode.

:ouro: