X-files Season 9 Dvd

Rate this topic

Guest Forza
I just did.

Me, too. I picked it up yesterday, the first day of its release. I watched "Nothing Important Happened Today" parts I & II, and then shelved it until I get to it in chronological order. I'm presently somewhere in the middle of Season 2; should get to Season 9 in a few months.

I also watched "The Truth about Season 9". Hmmm, what a whitewash.

• Elders (Moderators)

I already have seasons 1 - 8, so at least to complete my collection I will get it. I know that there are not many on my side when I say that I actually like John Doggett very much, perhaps he should have occured one or two seasons earlier. He is not a replacement of Mulder, never ment to be ( at least by myself), but he brought fresh impulses to the show. I also like Robert Patrick as an actor, actually in an interview Lance Henriksen stated that he just wanted to play a guest role in the X-Files again because of Robert Patrick. They know each other for a very long time and they are good friends.

Guest amnesic

yeah, patrick could act duchovny into the ground....and probably wouldn't make an asshole of himself while doing it!

i think someone somewhere is making a fortune out of fans who buy DVDs for completeness. i bought some farscape DVDs that contained wall-to-wall crap episodes just so that i could have all of them. Mr. T would say "damn foo!!!!"

• Elders (Moderators)

Well, of course it is not just for the completeness. There are very moving episodes in season 9, like "Release"...what the heck I just LOVE the X-Files, the only thing I love more is MillenniuM...even the not so good episodes of both series are better than so called best episodes from some other television crap... :ouro:

Guest Regan MacNeil
Well, of course it is not just for the completeness. There are very moving episodes in season 9, like "Release"...what the heck I just LOVE the X-Files, the only thing I love more is MillenniuM...even the not so good episodes of both series are better than so called best episodes from some other television crap... :ouro:

I agree. I mean, I know season 9 was not up to the usual X-Files standards, but it wasn't THAT bad. The writing definately took a turn for the worse, but I really liked both Doggett and Reyes and wish they could have written some better stories for those two characters. There were a few good episodes, I always liked Release, William, and Improbable. Season 9 was by far their worst season, but a bad season of The X-Files is still better than most other things on T.V.

Guest Second Coming

I bought it. I already had Season 1-8 and the movie. I wasn't planning on getting it right away but they dropped the price on the set and it has 2 discs of extras. I just figured I would round out my collection. And I'm looking forward to seeing "Jump the Shark". I tried to watch it but family was over and wanted to do other things. I didn't really like the season at all. "Lord of the Flies" and "Audrey Pauley" were two of the worst episodes ever. In episodes like "In Arcadia" at least when they were bad they were still funny. Daemonicus was a decent attempt.