X-files Season 9 Dvd

Rate this topic

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

So, has anyone bought it then who originally intended not to? If not, I highly recommend you do. Having watched it a few times now, I find it to be one of the better Seasons of the latter half of the show's run. It kind of feels like MLM Season 2 in its portrayal of two people slowly uncovering a world of wonder and horror. It has horrendous evils (such as in Daemonicus, Hellbound etc), but also enigmatic and benevolent figures (Audrey Pauley, Improbable). Aside from a few misteps, this is a really, really good Season in my opinion and criminally underrated.

Aside from a few misteps, this is a really, really good Season in my opinion and criminally underrated.

Agreed. Season Nine--although I liked it less when it originally aired--is canonical The X-Files. Too bad Chris Carter couldn't have just played baseball in Birmingham for couple of years and then returned with new episodes. The refreshed, impoved ratings and interest would have given new meaning to the title of "His Airness".

• 1 month later...
Guest Max Fenig

I actually did think Season Nine was awful, and I liked Season Eight, I like Doggett, but there was absolutely no energy or thought in Season Nine. It was a waste. Reyes never developed, Doggett seemed to DE-evolve, Scully was useless, and when Mulder started sending e-mails I went over the edge. "Hellbound" is the only episode of the season that really works. "John Doe" was great up until the end. As I said, not even trying. And "The Truth"? Thanks for telling us what we've known since the movie, anything else knew? Executive producer Chris Carter? That's fantabulous!

I didn't buy the DVD set. I don't plan to. I taped the episodes from their original broadcasts. That's already too much Season Nine.