Night Stalker Virtual Season

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

Guest ZeusFaber

Night Stalker Virtual Season Premieres October 3rd

Coming soon to renowned virtual network MZP is Night Stalker - Season 1.5.

Though the original show was cancelled after just six episodes by ABC, this virtual continuation picks up where the twelve original scripts left off and finishes the first season before moving into the future. Click the banner to go to the newly launched website for all the latest details.

sig1.jpg

Unlike the recent Millennium VS5, episodes will not be posted here, since TIWWA is not a Night Stalker board and it wouldn't be proper. So, if you want to keep up to date and start reading, get yourself over to MZP and don't be afraid to make your voice heard at the discussion board.

• 7 months later...
Guest ZeusFaber

NIGHT STALKER MOVES TO THURSDAYS, RETURN DATED

When it returns for its second season in the fall, supernatural drama Night Stalker will move to Thursdays as its new regular slot in the MZP schedule.

The show -- which features newspaper reporter Carl Kolchak and his colleagues' investigations of the unexplained -- had been airing episodes on Wednesdays in 2007 as Season 1.5, while the move will put Season 2 back in line with ABC's original scheduling of the short-lived "reimagining" which the virtual series continues.

"It's a good move for us," commented showrunner James Jordan. "It strengthens ties to the original show while allowing us to capitalize on some of our seasonal themed episodes all the more." When asked to elaborate on the latter remark, Jordan revealed that there were plans for a Christmas story in the works. "We never really had a chance to do that last year, since the season finale was landing in December, but for season two we're going to be spread out on a more traditional October through May run. That gives us the opportunity to try something with a Christmas theme as the last episode before the holiday hiatus."

A return date was also confirmed, with new episodes set to begin with the season premiere on Thursday, October 2nd 2008. A full season order (i.e. 20-24 episodes) is expected, matching what you get when you add together the ten filmed episodes, the two unproduced professional scripts and the ten virtual episodes. Behind the scenes, writer/producer Dino Leone departs, while Alden C. Caele joins the staff after freelancing and Anthony J. Black signs up.

The new season will have to deal with Kolchak's obituary rolling hot off the presses, and will expand on the mystery of the ominous red mark and its true meaning. A cast lineup is yet to be confirmed.

Click here to discuss the Night Stalker VS

NSPoster_02.jpg

Guest Laurent.

Does the virtual seasons follow the main lines of the mythology that Spotnitz had in mind and revealed in the bonus features? Or is everything pretty much brand new and based only on the produced episodes?

Guest ZeusFaber

Some of each. A conscious effort is made to stay true to the direction Spotnitz had in mind, while there are also lots of new, original elements to keep things fresh and avoid predictability.

There's more detailed information on all that at the above link.

• 6 months later...
Guest WaveCrest

Something else I've found out about on here (along with the Millennium CD). Glad I found this. Really enjoyed the virtual fourth and fifth seasons of Millennium. Are the virtual episodes of Night Stalker written by the same people behind the virtual seasons of Millennium? I clicked on the icon for the first episode from Season 1.5, scrolled down and saw the name of the writer. His name looked familiar (think he wrote episodes from the virtual fourth and fifth seasons of Millennium).

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest ZeusFaber

Hi WaveCrest,

Two of the core writers from Millennium VS5 worked on Night Stalker S1.5, joined by a third for the (currently airing) second season. None of the writers from Millennium VS4 had any involvement in VS5 or Night Stalker though.

You'll always find more current and up to date information, as well as the latest news and releases first at the dedicated discussion board. Everyone there thrives on feedback from readers, so why not swing by and drop a few lines? The writers would be delighted to know you've discovered their work and would be very much up for hearing what you think.

:smile:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

ZeusFaber - I am sorry I have not replied sooner. Nobody forced me, but after seeing via this forum that there was a virtual season (and a bit) of Night Stalker I started watching my Night Stalker DVD boxset. Only watched the first two episodes and the teaser of episode 3, but once I've watched all 10 episodes (including the script you can only read online) I'll start reading Season 1.5 and post some comments on the discussion board you've posted the highlighted link to.