10+ year old murder case in GA

Rate this topic

Through some strange synchronicity, I've been ASKED to look into a 10+ year old murder case near me in Georgia.

While waiting for the info this man has on the case, I wanted to get a head start and read up about it online. He gave me the name of the man he feels was wrongfully convicted, as well as his wife's name. I have tried 6 different search engines and typed in every weird "" or +word code I can think of, and have come up with NOTHING. :doh: I cannot believe that there was NOT ONE mention of this ANYWHERE on the web!

Can anyone offer a suggestion? Or, if you have some magic trick, try typing Samuel Mosley, Pam Mosley and Toccoa Georgia (Stephens county) and see what happens. :helpme:

Guest gethsemane

Erin,(sorry I kept calling you Raven) I found his name as Samuel J Mosley and he and his wife are 54 yrs old. Is there a prison in Boneville ga? I think it's his last known address. I got this from PublicRecordsNow. Anymore info and they make you pay. Keep searching girl, you'll find something soon. Do you have a victims name? It may be easier going that route. Good luck.

Feel free to call me Raven! LOL

I don't even KNOW your 1st name! :doh:

I've never heard of Boneville, but there's a lot of cities I probably haven't heard of. I know they do executions in south Georgia. Maybe that's in south Georgia, too.

The man who actually asked me to look into this case said it all happened in Stephens County, GA. City of Toccoa. (which I AM familiar with and have been there many times) I'm waiting to hear from this man again. He's gathering all info he has on the case to give it to me, and has said he can get me in to talk with Sam.

The victim.... Sam's wife.... was named Pam. And this man who contacted me (Tim) said he believes it's politically motivated, since Sam had made political enemies.

found a record of a death certificate for a Pamela Smith Mosely

dod; July 2, 1996 Toccoa, Stephens Co. GA

and where she was buried

Rootsweb

Use the 'find' button on your browser to scroll down to Pamela Smith

Edited by ein042

Hi Erin,

No current inmate in the Federal Prison System by that name according to the Fed Board of Prisons website.

As you know there is one inmate by that name in the GA state prison but not for murder I don't know the geography well enough to know other near by states.

It will be interesting to see what the full storey is when you get your briefing.

StuartW

Yes... It WILL be interesting! I just wish that guy would be home from his work long enough for us to get together so I can be better informed. I guess I'm chomping too hard at the bit. LOL

BTW, Bonnie, that's AMAZING!!! I was telling Tim about your ability to somehow find just about anything on the web! You'll have to tell me how you do that, someday! :notworthy:

Guest ein042

That was luck mostly. And I've been looking for almost two days.

I'm into genealogy anyway and Rootsweb is a pretty good source.

Sounds like quite a few people are good at it!

Your local library might be a good source too. Most have online resources for databases and you can log on from any computer with just your library card number.

There might be digitized newspaper articles, trouble is - you need the name of the local paper - I'm still looking.

Edited by ein042

Guest ein042

I know, Databases are maddening if you don't phrase the query right. and every one is different. I couldn't get it either.

There was an Obit for her in The Macon Telegraph:

Obituary - Pam Mosely - Toccoa - The Macon Telegraph (GA) July 6, 1996

But its one of those where you have to pay for the full article and the first half didn't reference her.

Since she is buried in Houston County she may have family there. Those papers might have more info.