Filling The Millenium Void

Rate this topic

I miss Millenium just as much as the next person and on top of that there is no syndication of the show here in the states.......what shows do you guys watch to fill the void, until the DVD comes out

1. CSI: Las Vegas

2. The Shield

3. The Sopranos

4. The Guardian

Guest Gary

There really isn't anything on TV these days that compares to Millennium! :ouro:

I'd watch the first season, which is currently showing on Sci-Fi UK, but it's in an absolutely ridicules timeslot - 4AM weekdays - and that's just too late/early for my liking. I could record the episodes on tape and watch them at a more convenient time, but with the DVD coming out in July (which I pre-ordered over the weekend :grin2:), there doesn't seem much point!

In the meantime, I'm currently working my way through my X-Files DVDs. I kind of lost track of the show after Season Four (which I'm nearing the end of now), so I can't wait to get on to Season Five! :alien:

Edited by Gary

Guest Forza
There really isn't anything on TV these days that compares to Millennium!

Agreed.

After working my way through MillenniuM's full run (courtesy of my old VHS tapes and then Se7en&one's DVD-R's), I am currently revisting "The X-Files". I also have Star Trek TNG on DVD, but I watch it less frequently. Netflix also mails me various goodies (I saw "The Mothman Prophesies" this week for the first time). "The Sopranos" I watch as they are released on DVD.

So, outside of "The Sopranos", no shows currently on TV really appeal to me.

PS. That was my 100th post!!!

Edited by Forza

Guest Regan MacNeil

The only current shows I watch are the three Law & Order series. And I'm dying to see Law & Order: Trial by Jury. Oh yeah, and I also like Chappelle's Show, although that's a comedy, so it dosen't really fill the Millennium void.

Guest se7en

I think there has never been a better time for quality TV.........if you look!

shows we/I watch:

DEADWOOD

THE WIRE-(3RD SEASON SOON!)

CARNIVALE

WITHOUT A TRACE

CSI

THE SHIELD

NIP/TUCK

SIX FEET UNDER

THE SOPRANOS-(BEST SEASON SINCE THE 2ND!)

L&O:VRIMINAL INTENT

COLD CASE

AMERICA UNDERCOVER-(HBO DOCU SERIES)

COPS-("REAL" REALITY PROGRAMING! HAVE ARCHIVED 57-HOURS TO DVD FROM '88-'04)

A TOUCH OF FROST

SURVIVORS-(MY FIRST TIME WATCHING

THAT 70'S SHOW

KING OF QUEENS

HACK-(A GUILTY PLEASURE,THOUGH I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S BEEN SHITCANNED)

FAMILY PLOTS-(A&E-REAL LIFE 6-FEET UNDER,FASCINATING.)

~se7en :ouro:

I was watching

Brimstone-cancelled

freakylinks- cancelled

I-Man (Sci-Fi channel)- cancelled

Firefly- cancelled

john doe- cancelled (no big deal)

got into

Forever Night - was already cancelled when I started watching

So I promissed my self never to get into another T.V. show cause I knew it would get CANCELLED!

-MM

Guest Befallen

There really is nothing on Swedish TV that I care about. There are a few shows I watch but nothing important. I am however in the process of buying Buffy and Angel, and I'm watching those... also, I just happened to buy Twin Peaks Season 1 on DVD the other day, but I haven't gotten around to watching it. Other than that, not much. Guess I'm saving myself for the Big Release.

Guest STILL Mr.Ne'er-Do-Well

The Simpsons is still my favorite show ever...even if there are some episodes these days that aren't that great.

Among my faves currently on: West Wing, the Law & Order franchise, The Shield, Dave Letterman, Nip/Tuck...

In terms of fantasy/horror/sci-fi....theres not much out there with X-Files and Buffy gone. I'm into Angel, and here in New Zealand, we're about a year behind the states, so still got a lot of it to go.

I used to watch the Star Trek shows in the late 80s/early 90s (love Next Generation), but kinda lost track of Voyager and DS9.

In the last few years, I've caught older episodes of Voyager rerun, and, wow, that show just seems so silly in many ways. Enterprise is the same...they aren't particularly smart or adult-orientated.

I believe Millennium and X-Files made TV horror/sci-fi creditable. Suddenly, we hd these two shows that weren't dumb or cliche. Both series' had episodes that were blisteringly intelligent (eg 'Jose Chungs Doomsday Defense', 'Hollywood AD') or truly moving and mature ('Memento Mori', 'Clyde Bruckmans Final Repose').

I hate when people, who didn't really give these shows a chance, think of them as just typical genre stuff. Millennium and X-Files were much more, and there's still been nothing like them since. X-Files scores of Emmy nominations proved it.

Edited by STILL Mr.Ne'er-Do-Well