Monster

Rate this topic

Guest Faustus

Guest Faustus

We haven't had Millennium on TV here for years, but I remember thinking "Monster" in season 2 was a really good episode. I found it to be particularly sinister, especially when Frank himself became a suspect. The girl who played the main antagonist did an amazing job in her portrayal.

I think the best scene for that episode, however, was at the very end when the girl was being "re-educated" by the Group. Now that was damm sinister.

Faustus

You're absolutely right about Monster. The most disturbing part of the end sequence (for me) is all the other kids that she is with. They probably are being "reeducated" as well for doing some sort of Evil. When I saw the ouroborous on their computer, I just thought "how neat is that?"

The Old Man is also right, that is a really neat avatar.

Guest Luminary
The ending of Monster is great, very cool episode i was watching it a few days ago and i just love the way Morgan and Wong began the re- shaping of Millennium. I remember reading reviews of the show before it aired in the Uk and was very excited, especially when i read about this one. I love the fact that everyone is about to say grace before eating at the end of Monster, but the little girl seems very uncomfortable about it. Very cool episode indeed.

Guest Wellington

Hi

I liked it too. I was very moved by the way Frank lost control over his life. It all started pretty bad, with this visit to the dentist. When he was jailed I wondered how many parents may suffer from this kind of abomination based on mere suspicions, no more than rumors in facts. It depicts well the power we give to our children (although we know how they can distord reality and the difficulties they may encounter expressing themselves), even if it is not intended, and how blindly we may react about them (love and self-preservation are strong forces). I wonder still if he could have been cleared in real life. His words were very impressive by the whole humility around them. Frank then was honesty personified and I think that even Catherine let him down then. Her appearing at the very end was ambiguous. I hope I will never know such events!

Regards

Guest Cookyman
I thought Lance Henriksons performance in this episode was fantastic - you don't often see him cry but when he was talking about Jordan it was really moving.  The ending was excellent too and hinted at things to come.  Great Episode :santa:

Guest Faustus

I never knew so many people enjoyed this episode as much as I did. It's cool to hear. Thanks for the kind words about the Avatar. It's a woodcut produced for the script of Marlowe's "Doctor Faustus" in 1631.

Cheers,

Faustus :devil:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Second Coming
Me and my wife were watching this last night and she absolutely loved this episode. She watches Lifetime all the time. I thought it was great for her to see how a man's life was almost destroyed over a lie. Usually with her Lifetime movies the guy is a child abuser, wife beater, and all around bad guy 95% of the time. It's good for her to be getting into a show where the guy is a hero standing up against all this evil.

• Elders (Moderators)

My first posting to the board! (Haven't got the hang of things yet.)

A factoid that may be interesting: the actress who played the little girl, Danielle, in Monsters is Lauren Diewold who also played Emily in the X-Files episodes Emily/Christmas Carol. Apparently the actress who originally played Emily became distressed, so they had to find a substitute quickly. Looking at the airing dates of the MM and TXF episodes, it seems that although Lauren was really too old to play the role, the producers knew from her work on Monsters that she could cope with the role of Emily.

She is certainly an amazing actress - she was so convincing as Danielle.