Monster

Rate this topic

Guest Faustus

I really enjoyed this episode myself... although maybe enjoyed is a strange adjective for such a disturbing episode. The way the prosecutor was determined to go after the daycare owner reminded me of Covenant where the Prosecutor wasn't going to let the truth get in the way of a "good hangin'!" (Ok... I realize it was a firing squad the Dad was facing in Covenant...)

As I have just spotted this is your first post may I take this opportunity to welcome you to TIWWA and I hope your stay here is as enjoyable as mine has been, I am sure you will make many new friends as I have.

The, additionally, disturbing thing about 'Monster' is the fact that the baying crowd would have got their desire to see Penny hung, drawn and quartered had it not been for the fact that Frank and Lara had additional facilities other than logic. Lara states that there is absolutely nothing to suggest it is anyone other than Penny but her senses tell her, at which point she and Frank speak simultaneously, it's the girl. It's the episode that sees Frank wake up to the possibilities the Millennium Group hold, he believes them to be a force for good and a force that can help him harness his abilities in service of others. This is the 'lesson' that Lara realizes they were given this case to learn.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Jim McLean

I think one thing I never truly understood in these early episodes was how much we are to presume the MG are aware of the situations - in this and Beware of the Dog too, where events are unique not constant. Normally training grounds appear in recursive patterns. Are we to presume that these situations give the MG a "feeling" they would be a good trial, as in both cases it appears these "tests" are actually quite specific than simply stab-in-the-dark missions.

• 2 months later...
Guest Laurent.

You seem like a big Morgan & Wong fan. I guess you're enjoying season 2 so far?

Oh and the little girl who played Danielle Barbakow played Emily's (Scully's alien-hybrid daughter) in the episodes Emily & Christmas Carol.

There must be others, but those are the one that I remember. In fact, Chris Owens is one of my favorite X-Files actor.

Dear Black's Babe,

I love the fact you chuckled during Penny Plott's lament during questioning. That scene chokes me every time I watch it, call me an old sentimentalist if you will, but it really grabs me by the heart strings. Thing is, however, this only happens with repeat viewings as the first time you see you are still not aware of her innocence in what is transpiring. The second time you see it, to my mind, it's painful to see how she is being treated.

I think I might be too mushy for my own good :)

Eth