The Innocents/Exegesis

Rate this topic

Guest Jim McLean

Guest Black's Babe

The Innocents...

I like Klea Scott as Agent Emma Hollis, but wasn't exactly wowed by this season opener.

The final scene on the bridge was very sad, poooooooooor kid.

Edited by Black's Babe

Guest Black's Babe

just watched Exgesis...

liked this one even LESS than the 1st part.

But I'm glad that the elderly woman and the child survived though.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, can't stand Baldwin.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Homer Petty

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been covered already, but was there a connection spelled out between the blonde blue-eyed "clone family" girls in this episode and the ones in Force Majeure? The reruns I've been watching seem to be edited so I'm not sure. thanks...

Hi Homer,

That's what we all thought but, sadly, not the case. The actress who portrayed Deena stated that Chris Carter was inspired by her eyes and that the look of them was entirely natural rather than a deliberate decision using contact lenses to hark back to a former story. In her own words... "Chris Carter told me that he made the characters after my eyes. I did not wear contact lenses. My eyes move back and forth because of a condition I have known as Nystagmus. Frank Langella also has this condition. Chris liked the movement of my eyes. It was the first time they were acknowledged in a positive way since I was made fun of in school! They gave my counter clone, Katie Boyer contact lenses to match my eyes. I bet you didn't know that, did you!"

Still stuns me even now as she has the most fantastically blue eyes, naturally, I have ever seen.

Best wishes,

Eth

• Like 1

Speaking of Frank Langella and his eys, that's one reason why, to me, he made the best Dracula ever. No Dracula even lured me in as he did with his eyes and charm. Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up.

Guest Homer Petty

Ah, that's interesting thanks. I was looking for connections when there weren't any. (I guess Frank runs into secret apocalyptic blonde clone families with an elder hooked up to a machine all the time! And who doesn't, really?)