Latest news on the second X-Files movie

Rate this topic

TIWWA

• Elders (Moderators)

The X-Files 2 Starts Shooting December 10

Source: Diva October 29, 2007

After years of David Duchovny talking about the sequel, and almost 10 years after the first feature, 20th Century is finally ready to start production on The X-Files 2 with the actor in place to reprise his role of Special Agent Fox Mulder. Gillian Anderson is also expected to be back on board to play Special Agent Dana Scully.

Shooting is scheduled to begin on December 10 in Vancouver under the direction of series creator Chris Carter. Carter and Frank Spotnitz wrote the script.

The studio is referring to the film in casting breakdowns as "Done One."

The popular series ran on Fox from 1993 to 2002. Rob Bowman directed the first feature, which hit theaters on June 19, 1998.

The casting process has already begun:

sidesexpress.com

The casting directors are Coreen Mayrs and Heike Brandstatter who both worked on X-Files during its filming in Vancouver, and also worked on Millennium, Harsh Realm and The Lone Gunmen.

View the original article

Guest Frank L.

Just read about this on Duchovny's official site. Man, am I excited! Can't wait for the first set photos, set reports, the teaser trailer and further news regarding the project. FANTASTIC!

Guest Jim McLean

Like an old era reunion. I look forward with interest as to how this movie will play and whether it will manage to find a way of feeling fresh. My biggest concern is X-Files is so yesterday's pop culture=unfashionable to the mainstream that it might lack the respect it requires to pull of the drama it desires. I certainly hope this isn't the case and the film can find an angle and PR spin that will bring new and old fans of the X-Files into the theatre. Good to see it back.

The fact the sequel has had such media hype over the years can only be a good thing.

Guest ZeusFaber

There wont be any substantial rewrites now that a shooting script has been agreed upon and is ready to go before the cameras. Any minor alternations from this point forward will fall under Chris Carter's duties as director, thus outside the purview of the WGA. That's one of the reasons why this has got itself into gear now rather than later. As Chris Carter himself says, "If we don't do it now and the strike was protracted, it would force the movie to come out several years from now, and that was too late. It was either now or never."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Moderators)
There wont be any substantial rewrites now that a shooting script has been agreed upon and is ready to go before the cameras. Any minor alternations from this point forward will fall under Chris Carter's duties as director, thus outside the purview of the WGA. That's one of the reasons why this has got itself into gear now rather than later. As Chris Carter himself says, "If we don't do it now and the strike was protracted, it would force the movie to come out several years from now, and that was too late. It was either now or never."

ZF, could you do me a favour and check the wording of rules concerning what CC can or can't do? There's an article in Variety:

https://www.variety.com/article/VR111797566...d=2821&cs=1

which says that some changes are permitted by the WGA but that seems at variance with the WGA strikes rules, section 12:

https://www.wga.org/contract_07/StrikeRules2.pdf

I'm thinking that my reading ability is in decline. :helpme: