Latest news on the second X-Files movie

Rate this topic

TIWWA

Hi all,

As you know The X-Files is not my natural home so I present this information to you as someone who cannot appraise the information I am providing. I shall leave it to the great and good among you to discuss it with an insight I myself do not possess.

The first appears to be information regarding the names of roles within the movie.

DONE ONE : Roles

The second is a Youtube video purporting to be an audition tape of Juan Riedinger auditioning for the role of Brian Finch.

Brian Finch

I also read some titbits regarding a principal character being Robert Coe and Mulder be given a new, blue jacket but that could have been made up on the bus on the way to work.

As I said I'm not making any assumptions as this really isn't my field but thought some of you might be able to make use of it.

Edited by ethsnafu

• Elders (Moderators)

Good finds, eth. I had already watched the youtube video but what I didn't know, until some eagle-eyed/eared people over at the Haven pointed out, was that the dialogue is not from the actual script, it's a slight variation on dialogue from an existant movie, so it's not a spoiler or anything (but, then, why would CC have chosen that particular dialogue for the audition, mmm....).

Anyway, I shall leave it as an exercise for the reader as to which movie that was (partly because I'm evil :devil: but mostly I can't now remember :fool: ).

Guest Laurent.

How did you manage to view the audition video? It says it's a private video and you must have the "sender's friend request".

(Wow... I really suck at staying spoiler-free :doh: )

Big smiles Laran :hiya:

The youtube video was a free-for-all in the misty days when I first saw it. I guess the owner has become a little protective since. I shall search out an alternative for you.

Best wishes,

Eth.

That would be great, eth. I'd love to see this, too!

Oh....and the pictures of Gillian.... she looks just gorgeous!!!!

(....and again, I consider the possibility of dying my hair red, at least for a while....just to see what it's like.... heeheehee)

That would be great, eth. I'd love to see this, too!

Oh....and the pictures of Gillian.... she looks just gorgeous!!!!

(....and again, I consider the possibility of dying my hair red, at least for a while....just to see what it's like.... heeheehee)

i dunno.........i prefer Raven Black!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Moderators)

Again, from the Haven:

Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/idUSN068974820071206

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - The new "X-Files" movie will be packing more heat. Rapper Xzibit, Amanda Peet and Scottish comic Billy Connolly have signed on for director Chris Carter's next big-screen adaptation of the hit TV series.

Citing a policy of secrecy surrounding the plot line, Fox would not confirm any details regarding the three actors' roles. But sources said Xzibit and Peet will play FBI agents alongside David Duchovny's Mulder and Gillian Anderson's Scully.

The supernatural thriller is a stand-alone story, not a sequel or continuation of the hit 1998 feature adaptation.

Carter and Frank Spotnitz wrote the screenplay, and production is expected to begin this month in Vancouver. The film is set to hit theaters in July.

Xzibit recently was cast opposite Bruce Willis and Woody Harrelson in Oliver Stone's "Pinkville," but his schedule was freed up when that film was put on hold because of the writers strike. His credits include "8 Mile" and MTV's "Pimp My Ride."

Peet was recently in theaters with another alien-related film, the New Line drama "Martian Child." Connolly has appeared in "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" and "The Last Samurai."

I haven't heard of either Xzibit or Peet, so I wonder what people's reactions here are to those actors - it seems pretty mixed over at the Haven.

Guest Laurent.

Xzibit??? Is that a joke? I never saw any of his work as an actor but still.. can't imagine him as a FBI agent! I would have prefer them to continue using less popular actors. I really hope this isn't true!