Millennium In The Uk

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

I looked at the amazon site and it said that you had to be 18 to buy it.

That's weird, I didn't think England's standards were stricter than America's.

Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
Edited by Second Coming

Guest amnesic
I looked at the amazon site and it said that you had to be 18 to buy it.

That's weird, I didn't think England's standards were stricter than America's.

*cough* that would be Britain not England :tongue:

Guest Second Coming

I knew if I said Britain someone would want me to call it England.

So anyway, you don't know the answer to the question?

• Elders (Moderators)

Ah-ha, Second Coming, you've fallen foul of the evil trap we Brits/English/UKans have set just to trip up the unwary foreigner.

But don't worry, most of us over here get it wrong as well (though sometimes deliberately :bigsmile: ).

The answer to your question can be found at: www.bbfc.co.uk - which is the British Board of Film Classification (not in fact what some people think of as the British Board of F***** Censors.

You'll have to do some searching for Millennium (just tick every box to make sure) since the site doesn't provide a direct link. But here's the list of the episodes classified as "18" - which means the whole box set is classified at that level:

Via Dolorosa

Goodbye to All That

Paper Dove

Blood Relatives

Pilot

Powers, etc.

This might be a good topic for debate: what is in each of these episodes that led the BBFC to decide that they are suitable only for people aged 18 or over.

Anyway, hope this goes some way to answering the question. (Or maybe raising others.)

Guest WaveCrest

Just visited the BBFC site a few minutes ago and among a load of new DVD/VHS listings were two for Season 1:

- The pilot is as known an '18', and Gehenna a '15'.

OT: Another new listing on there today is for the pilot episode of Harsh Realm (audio commentary).