FRANK BLACK RETURNS IN X FILES 2

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Since people are discussing this news in this topic rather than the X-Files news one, I'll just paste my post here:

Personally, I almost feel like this "ain't it cool" user:

This comes off sounding a bit like jamming a vanity project somebody didn't get to finish down the throats of fans who are actually paying to see X-Files.

Makes me a bit nervous... and mad at myself; I wanted to stay spoiler free! At least this is far from being anything else than a rumor... so there's no reason to be either overly cheerful or nervous for that matter.

Far be it from me to be obtuse but I have read your post, and more importantly the quote, and I have absolutely no idea what it it means. I speak English so one would assume I would grasp the context but what on Earth does this mean?

This comes off sounding a bit like jamming a vanity project somebody didn't get to finish down the throats of fans who are actually paying to see X-Files.

i need to look through my hstory of posts to find a very similar tidbit i had on Lance possibly appearing in the XF2 movie. i remember posting at least a year or two ago. its not an official statement but a x-mas email i recieved from one of my back-lot buddies i knew in Los Angeles. he kept telling me about Lance being connected to the new project.

i agree with Raven and Snafu.........it doesnt hurt to dream

Guest Laurent.
Far be it from me to be obtuse but I have read your post, and more importantly the quote, and I have absolutely no idea what it it means. I speak English so one would assume I would grasp the context but what on Earth does this mean?

That's okay, I wasn't so sure about the formulation of the sentence either but I wanted to paste it exactly as the person posted it in the first place. As long as you understand what I'm saying we have no problem! Hehe.

Now, what I understood of it, and what I feel could be true to some extent is that Chris Carter is using the one way he has to reach a wide audience (the new X-Files movie) to not only revisit TXF universe, but also to bring back one of his favorite character; Frank Black. My question is, if we are to believe the rumors; would Frank Black be at his place in a X-Files movie? Would it feel force-fed to the audience?

I think the new movie should only focus on an amazing stand-alone, scary and intelligent storyline while staying away from all the background of the show. With this in mind, I don't think it's good to bring Frank Black in the equation. The result could be great, but it would be reeaaally hard to pull off.

So if we believe Lance (why not?), I'm hoping that we misunderstood him. Maybe he meant that he could make an appearance as an actor but not as Frank Black (which would be an even worst decision... we all know him as Frank Black and he was even introduced within the X-Files).

In the best of worlds, he would have meant that Chris Carter is preparing a Millennium movie to ride on the future success wave (lame surf reference for chris carter :hiya: ) of The X-Files movie. But that's just me spreading my blind hopes and prayers.

P.S. Please Zeus don't bring your godly punishment on a mere mortal's blindness and naivety :fool: ; I know you don't like when people spread misleading false hope but I couldn't help myself.

false hope......sense of dread..........wallowing through the muck and mire of evil rumors

sounds like the new XF2 movie.........lol

i think if this is true about lance in XF2, i would tend to think he would be a supporting cast member. he might just be the one that saves Mulder and Scully th is time

Guest Jim McLean
I think the new movie should only focus on an amazing stand-alone, scary and intelligent storyline while staying away from all the background of the show. With this in mind, I don't think it's good to bring Frank Black in the equation. The result could be great, but it would be reeaaally hard to pull off.

I don't think the two are necessarily exclusive. The X-Files story line and Frank Black have NEVER had any connection, beyond "Millennium" in which the case happens to cross over, so if Frank appeared, he wouldn't be like some X-Files character merely there to expand on the X-Files' complicated universe. He can be used as a minor/secondary character which works in an advisory role. For instance, if Mulder is informed/goes for information from a contact called Frank Black, Frank can appear as a fully fleshed character without confusing the story or being a mandatory cataylst for some Millennium wrap.

I don't believe this will resolve Millennium, unless its to resolve Frank Black (eep). I think Frank's inclusion would be because a) He's a rich and interesting character in himself, b) Lance is a solid actor and a big name for cult audiences c) Because Chris has an affection for the character and actor and would like to see him on screen once more. I don't think having Frank in the X-Files movie would make it any less mainstream in its intent than having ANY secondary character appear as part of the plot. Unless the story was directly about how they met or the Millennium Group (which I really, really doubt) Frank's a character who works on his own without the need for direct baggage. He's an ex FBI profiler. That alone gives him a credible and easy role to fit into such a new movie.

All in my speculative opinion of course!

Guest ZeusFaber

Okay, just to be absolutely clear on this, I never said people aren't allowed to dream or speculate or indulge in discussion of the rumour. Far from it.

I just think it would be better to say "Lance Henriksen might appear in TXF2", rather than "Frank Black returns in TXF2". It doesn't hurt to be accurate, does it?

oh no.....it looks like Moviehole.com has also picked up this story

check it out

X-Files sequel to fade to Black?

Date : November 20, 2007 Writer : Clint Morris

Sounds like Chris Carter might be bringing back a few small-screen favourites to join Mulder and Scully on their sophomore adventure.

Lance Henriksen, says a scooper for Aint it Cool News, could be reprising his role as Frank Black (from “Millennium”, the “X-Files” spin-off) for the “X-Files” sequel, shooting next month in Vancouver.

I don't think they would've had any trouble twisting Henriken's arm... those fish commercials he does for TV seemed to have backed off a bit, so his wallet's probably getting a bit lighter.

Hi all

I appreciate people wanting to wait and hear on an official Chris Carter announcement about Frank Black in XF2, maybe I should have added a question mark at the end of the thread title, but lets be honest this is the closest we've ever got to seeing him on the big screen. It doesn't hurt to hope. With it being announced on aintitcool etal maybe this will make Carter aware that the fans want to know.

My guess is that Frank will be at Quantico teaching and will be a brief mentor figure to mulder. I've no idea what happened at the end of X FILES, I lost interest in it around season 189 or whatever it was. I just hope that if Frank appears, its not to be cannon fodder for whatever supernatural menace Mulder and Scully go up against. I can't see Carter making any meaningful mention to the Millenium Group itself or what happened to it. I'm sure we'll be able to fill in the blanks.

-baz

if i was to speculate myself, i would say Frank would be someone they meet up with later in the movie. Frank Black would be someone Mulder needs.

what i remember of the very last X-Files episode was that Mulder and Scully was in a apartment together somewhere on the run. once again i speculate in the XF2 movie that Mulder and Scully would not be FBI agents but Frank Black is. They need Frank. Makes sense to me