FRANK BLACK RETURNS IN X FILES 2

Rate this topic

Salutations Engine and my sincerest apologies for trimming your name..

maybe I should have added a question mark at the end of the thread title
At no point should you chastise yourself for any of your posts, you have the right to freeform expression as does every member of this board and let's face it if an interdiction was in operation here with regards to speculation and postulations then this board would be a barren abyss. It saddens me to see you write in the plural and to be factual there are few members here who have chided your choice of words or fretted over your topic title.

When news of 'X-Files 2' broke my excitement rating advanced a few notches but not half as much as it did when the hunky-dory idea appeared that the mighty Frank Blank may be part of this exercise. Of course I was entranced by black oil, grey aliens and a man smoking cigarettes in the most bizarre way but I left all that behind an age ago and yet my constant adoration of Frank and his universe has lived on. The Christmassey nature of all this is exciting, it matters not if the gift wrapped things we receive on Christmas Day match our expectations for the true joy in all of this is the anticipation.

He may appear, he may not. He may appear as Frank and, guess what, he may not. But if fireworks arise from speculation, interest is re-kindled and creative minds are set to work then who cares? This board has little to indulge in, Millennium is an artifact, news ceased long ago and if members of this board have a reason to dream and wonder then relish and support it. I know which kind of post I would rather read.

If members of this board afforded any attention to what other members prescribe as an appropriate post then much of the speculation on offer here would never exist and I urge you to discount the naysayers and continue to ruminate as you see fit. There have been many occasions when a member has challenged and bickered with regards to the nature of a post but my experience warms me in the sense that the majority of members here pay little heed to such posts and continue to fill this board with all the essence that makes them 'them' and their posts most defiantly 'there own'.

Edited by ethsnafu

Salutations Engine and my sincerest apologies for trimming your name..

At no point should you chastise yourself for any of your posts, you have the right to freeform expression as does every member of this board and let's face it if an interdiction was in operation here with regards to speculation and postulations then this board would be a barren abyss. It saddens me to see you write in the plural and to be factual there are few members here who have chided your choice of words or fretted over your topic title.

When news of 'X-Files 2' broke my excitement rating advanced a few notches but not half as much as it did when the hunky-dory idea appeared that the mighty Frank Blank may be part of this exercise. Of course I was entranced by black oil, grey aliens and a man smoking cigarettes in the most bizarre way but I left all that behind an age ago and yet my constant adoration of Frank and his universe has lived on. The Christmassey nature of all this is exciting, it matters not if the gift wrapped things we receive on Christmas Day match our expectations for the true joy in all of this is the anticipation.

He may appear, he may not. He may appear as Frank and, guess what, he may not. But if fireworks arise from speculation, interest is re-kindled and creative minds are set to work then who cares? This board has little to indulge in, Millennium is an artifact, news ceased long ago and if members of this board have a reason to dream and wonder then relish and support it. I know which kind of post I would rather read.

If members of this board afforded any attention to what other members prescribe as an appropriate post then much of the speculation on offer here would never exist and I urge you to discount the naysayers and continue to ruminate as you see fit. There have been many occasions when a member has challenged and bickered with regards to the nature of a post but my experience warms me in the sense that the majority of members here pay little heed to such posts and continue to fill this board with all the essence that makes them 'them' and their posts most defiantly 'there own'.

as i hide behind your coat i yell............."Amen!!!!!!"

Okay, just to be absolutely clear on this, I never said people aren't allowed to dream or speculate or indulge in discussion of the rumour. Far from it.

I just think it would be better to say "Lance Henriksen might appear in TXF2", rather than "Frank Black returns in TXF2". It doesn't hurt to be accurate, does it?

Glad you cleared that up. You're absolutely right. People should be allowed to speculate & dream. As we did before Millennium was released on DVD.

And, it doesn't hurt to be accurate, either.

But, please....just ease up a tad, ok? Censorship, even when it is unintentional, leads to people being afraid to speak their minds, and, if anything, I think Millennium taught us all the importance of being true to WHO WE ARE.

If that sounds a bit vague & obtuse, let me clear things up by saying..... there is no board guideline stating that any possible news, update, rumor, or random thought about the impending X Files or even Millennium movie must be backed up by facts. Nor that any speculation, or "3rd party information" as to Lance's part, whatever it may be, must also be backed up by an irrefutable source. There is no proof that aliens exist, yet we are allowed to talk about it till we're blue in the face. Please show others the courtesy of posting freely on these subjects, without fear of retribution. This statement goes for ALL members. Anyone who is reading this, this applies to you. Please be respectful of other people's feelings, and try not to intimidate them into a corner. Thank you.

Guest ZeusFaber
But, please....just ease up a tad, ok? Censorship, even when it is unintentional, leads to people being afraid to speak their minds, and, if anything, I think Millennium taught us all the importance of being true to WHO WE ARE.

If that sounds a bit vague & obtuse, let me clear things up by saying..... there is no board guideline stating that any possible news, update, rumor, or random thought about the impending X Files or even Millennium movie must be backed up by facts. Nor that any speculation, or "3rd party information" as to Lance's part, whatever it may be, must also be backed up by an irrefutable source. There is no proof that aliens exist, yet we are allowed to talk about it till we're blue in the face. Please show others the courtesy of posting freely on these subjects, without fear of retribution. This statement goes for ALL members. Anyone who is reading this, this applies to you. Please be respectful of other people's feelings, and try not to intimidate them into a corner. Thank you.

All I ever said was that the thread title was a little premature in a post that consisted of two sentences. To brand that censorship, or intimidating, or harsh seems to be based on the reactions that followed, rather than the content of the post itself.

I never once discouraged speculation or discussion or questioned the legitimacy of the information. If that was inferred from my two sentence post, it was misread. I see nothing disrespectful, intimidating or iron-fisted about simply pointing out that a statement that Frank Black is returning in TXF2 is, by definition, premature.

If I'd have said "don't speculate on it", or "don't discuss it", or "don't spread the rumour", then there would be cause for complaint. But I quite clearly did not.

• Elders (Moderators)

I'm just musing about a few points regarding this discussion:

The quote from the AICN user - Millennium was a "vanity project"???? What planet has that user been living on? :censored-1:

Hope can sometimes not be a good thing - most of the time it can inspire and motivate, but sometimes it can lead to major disappointment. If Lance doesn't appear, I'm going to be disappointed because I'd like to see Frank doing his M. Noir thing again; but there are also a lot of XF fans who will be disappointed if various other people don't appear, including some characters who are, you know, dead; and a lot of XF fans who would be disappointed if some characters do appear *cough*Doggett*cough*.

We haven't yet heard what other main characters/actors are going to be in the film. XF1 had Martin Landau, for example, who would have beefed up the potential audience, so it could well be that for XF2 any involvement by Lance could have the same effect by bringing in people who didn't watch Millennium but who know of his other work.

Lance and CC have clearly talked about the movie, and it would seem very strange for Lance not to have said outright that he was not appearing in the movie if that was the case. Unless, with Lance being somewhat (but not amazingly convincing apparently) enigmatic, the plot could be for everyone who gets asked about a possible XF2 involvement to respond the same way, just to throw XF fans off the scent. Can we all say: "Deceive, Inveigle, Obfuscate"? (The usual tag line for XF season 4 "Teliko" was changed to this.)

Anyway, I'm resting my hopes on Mrs CC who apparently had been a fan of Lance's for many years prior to Millennium. So maybe she's been nagging her hubby for the last few years to include LH in the new movie. :wink:

Hey, isn't it "Mrs. CC's" birthday today??

As all can see from my signature here, I know what you mean, and 1013 news has always been an exercise in "throwing the pack off the scent".

Great love is often balanced with great disappointment, but then, without that, would we really appreciate the passion when it was still with us?

• Elders (Moderators)

OK, :doh: , shows what a focussed X-Phile I am when I didn't realise that today is 11/21 - but then I sometimes have difficulty in recalling what month it is! So, happy birthday, Mrs CC.

And how long have you had that sig? Probably ages, so that means I'm not paying sufficient attention to all those little things that matter. :fool:

I take your point about the passion. I love the speculation (providing it's not completely out of the ballpark, which has happened and is happening elsewhere, but here there's a much more intelligent slant) and I am prepared to be disappointed, and of course part of the fun is to think about and discuss the possibilities.

Guest Laurent.

The message I directed toward Zeus was just a joke... I never wanted to imply that he tries to censor rumors. Just that he doesn't like people to take them as facts (and I guess that's a good thing). I'm not that good when I try to make some jokes in English... so I beg your pardon!

Of course I would love to see Frank Black in X-Files 2 but I don't want the movie to be filled with re-introductions of character and nostalgia of 1013's golden years. If it doesn't feel forced, and Frank seems at his place in the story, then I'll be the happiest man of earth. And you are all right that it could boost the interest in the movie.

All I ever said was that the thread title was a little premature in a post that consisted of two sentences. To brand that censorship, or intimidating, or harsh seems to be based on the reactions that followed, rather than the content of the post itself.

I never once discouraged speculation or discussion or questioned the legitimacy of the information. If that was inferred from my two sentence post, it was misread. I see nothing disrespectful, intimidating or iron-fisted about simply pointing out that a statement that Frank Black is returning in TXF2 is, by definition, premature.

If I'd have said "don't speculate on it", or "don't discuss it", or "don't spread the rumour", then there would be cause for complaint. But I quite clearly did not.

Hi all

I just want to add that in no way did I feel disrespected, intimidated, or in any way... erm... iron-fisted... by Zeus's completely legitmate point. At this stage until confirmed by The Powers That Be, Lance's involvement is an unconfirmed casting decision. Let's just hope its Frank, its done right, and that he survives the end of the movie.

Is it time to start mounting some form of viral marketing "BRING BACK FRANK" campaign?

2053864266_b11da565ac_o.jpg