FRANK BLACK RETURNS IN X FILES 2

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

I'm mostly excited . . . but also nervous. I hope Lance is playing Frank Black again because seeing him in another role would be really awkward. I thought it was strange how 1013 used Terry O'Quinn several times on TXF and gave him a recurring role on MM, and he didn't even play the main character.

I've seen them recycle lots of actors/actresses. Quinn was also on the first X Files movie....

and, if you remember, we all got to see Sarah Jane long before Lucy was born, in an X Files episode. Who can name that episode? :bigsmile:

Gosh my X-Files knowledge is terrible but was she not in 'Schizogeny' and 'Aubrey'? Am I right? Do I get a cuddly toy, or a kiss or a weekend in llandudno in a two-berth caravan?

Guest Laurent.

Goodjob Ethsnafu... I'm sure I would not have mentioned Aubrey.. it's been too long since I've seen this one! How could I forget?

I really don't think they would use Lance to play another character... that would be way to awkward!

Guest ZeusFaber
I really don't think they would use Lance to play another character... that would be way to awkward!

They did it in Harsh Realm and it didn't feel in the least bit awkward to me.

Sorry to interrupt the flow with some tomfoolery but I thought maybe Zeus or Raven could answer a niggle of mine.

I'm not much of a Phile so forgive my ignorance and possible inaccuracy but isn't there an episode of X-Files where O'Quinn plays a member of an organisation who are undertaking surveillance on Agent Scully? My vague and misty recall is of watching this episode and wondering if it was being inferred that O'Quinn was actually portraying Watts and that the group could have been Millennium. Is there any truth in this shady memory?

Thanks, in advance, for any help you might offer.

Edited by ethsnafu

Guest betweenthelines
Sorry to interrupt the flow with some tomfoolery but I thought maybe Zeus or Raven could answer a niggle of mine.

I'm not much of a Phile so forgive my ignorance and possible inaccuracy but isn't there an episode of X-Files where O'Quinn plays a member of an organisation who are undertaking surveillance on Agent Scully? My vague and misty recall is of watching this episode and wondering if it was being inferred that O'Quinn was actually portraying Watts and that the group could have been Millennium. Is there any truth in this shady memory?

Thanks, in advance, for any help you might offer.

I'm not Zeus or Raven, but I do know the episode you're talking about is Season 9's 'Trust No 1'. I never heard the idea that O'Quinn's character was actually Watts but I have heard possibilities that the Shadow Man (O'Quinn) could have been Agent Michaud from the X-Files film.

On another note I never realized that Sarah-Jane Redmond was in 'Aubrey'. When I watch that episode again I'll have to look out for her.

Guest ZeusFaber

Sounds to me like you're describing "Trust No 1" (9x06) there. That seems to fit you're description, unless I'm reading you wrong (wouldn't be the first time!). It did indeed feature Terry O'Quinn (credited as Terrance Quinn for some strange reason) as a character called the Shadow Man who turned out to be a supersoldier, conducting surveillance on many people including Scully.

I don't think there was any attempt to imply that he was in fact playing Peter Watts or that the Millennium Group were involved in any way, but if you want to take that away from the episode, I guess that's up to you. I see it as entirely isolated, dealing with the mythology of The X-Files on its own, and that the Shadow Man was just as unique a character as Agent Michaud in the movie or Tillman in "Aubrey", and I think that's how the writers saw it too. However, since we don't always have to go with an author-centred approach, you can always read it in your own unique way if you want to. : )

EDIT: Oops. Looks like betweenthelines and I were posting at the same time. Ah well, two heads are better than one.

Thank you both so much.

That seems to fit you're description, unless I'm reading you wrong (wouldn't be the first time!).

:embarassed: Gosh, I know, I'm a terrible writer and much of my ideas get lost in translation. I'm actually dyslexic and rely on 'spell check' and 'grammar check' but sadly they've never invented a 'context check' lol. Thanks to all for putting up with my nonsense for so long.

I've done some Googling and that is indeed the episode I was trying to recall. I remember very little about it so I accept that there is probably no truth in my recollection that Terry O'Quinn was portraying Watts. I shall endeavor to find this episode somewhere as I remember, at least, enjoying it very much. I guess if nothing else it lends further credence to the idea that Chris Carter successfully used actors who already had a firmly established identity within the 1013 canon in other prominent roles.

Edited by ethsnafu

Guest ZeusFaber
:embarassed: Gosh, I know, I'm a terrible writer and much of my ideas get lost in translation.

Not at all. I was referring to my own flaws of misreading there, rather than any flaw of yours. On the contrary, I think you're a particularly eloquent poster.