FRANK BLACK RETURNS IN X FILES 2

Rate this topic

'Schizogeny' did co-star Sarah-Jane as Karin Matthews, the guidance counselor. (funny, considering "A Room With No View" on Millennium, ehh?) and 'Aubrey' did not have her...only Terry O'Qinn. So, yes, my dear.... you're right. And you can have a kiss, AND a weekend in a caravan with me anywhere you want to! :kisses:

And, I agree, Zeus. Lance is just such a natural that there was no hint of Frank Black when he was on Harsh Realm.

Oh, & I also agree with you that ethie is quite an eloquent poster!

Guest ZeusFaber

Regarding Sarah-Jane Redmond, I thought for the longest time that "Schizogeny" was her only appearance on The X-Files, hot on the heels of her Ten Thirteen debut in "Lamentation", but apparently she did have a non-speaking role in "Aubrey" as eth illuminated. I think another viewing of "Aubrey" is in order for me, as I must never have paid close enough attention to the extras before! For someone who claims not to be much of an X-Phile, that's a hell of a piece of trivia, eth.

Guest Heath328

From what I've heard so far about "The X-Files" movie, it's supposed to be set some time in the show's continuum before the less than stellar events in 2002. That's a good thing in itself, because I was never happy about the super-soldier plotline or the way things ended in such a nihilistic fashion.

(But that's a discussion for another day, and another thread.)

I also thought about the "Millennium" episode of "The X-Files" in 1999. When Mulder described Frank Black to Scully, he did so with a quiet respect, and it was never really clear to what degree Mulder and Black knew each other. Certainly their paths might have crossed on some case during Mulder's career in the FBI, even if Black was out of the Bureau at that point.

Based on those things, Chris Carter might find a way to have Frank Black consulted on an X-file in the new film.

Scully wouldn't have to be around for the particular scene where Mulder approaches Black (or vice versa). Remember, in the crossover episode, Scully was meeting Black for the first time, so this would maintain both show's continuity.

Just a thought ...

Edited by Heath328

From what I've heard so far about "The X-Files" movie, it's supposed to be set some time in the show's continuum before the less than stellar events in 2002. That's a good thing in itself, because I was never happy about the super-soldier plotline or the way things ended in such a nihilistic fashion.

(But that's a discussion for another day, and another thread.)

I also thought about the "Millennium" episode of "The X-Files" in 1999. When Mulder described Frank Black to Scully, he did so with a quiet respect, and it was never really clear to what degree Mulder and Black knew each other. Certainly their paths might have crossed on some case during Mulder's career in the FBI, even if Black was out of the Bureau at that point.

Based on those things, Chris Carter might find a way to have Frank Black consulted on an X-file in the new film.

Scully wouldn't have to be around for the particular scene where Mulder approaches Black (or vice versa). Remember, in the crossover episode, Scully was meeting Black for the first time, so this would maintain both show's continuity.

Just a thought ...

i am also curious to know where you found this info

Guest Laurent.

I had heard the exactly opposing rumor a while ago. I think spotnitz supposedly said that the movie would take place in "real time" (2008 as I understand it).

I don't know where you got your informations from but their probably only rumors (like mine!). I don't think Carter or Spotnitz will leak any information before the movie goes into the traditional rounds of promotion.. and we are still a few months away from that.

Guest Heath328

Don't remember the exact source of my info, but it's moot, I'm afraid. The info I had was from a while back when the X-Files script was still in the development stage.

In musing about how Frank might fit into the story, I forgot that there was certainly more current information on where the movie stands and what the timeline of the story is.

Sorry about that. The problem with picking up snippets in news stories here and there from Carter, Duchovny, etc., in the last few years is I have no idea at this point what's rumor and what's hard story. What I can tell you is that I don't have any insider info ...

Edited by Heath328

RUMOURS * RUMOURS * RUMOURS * RUMOURS * RUMOURS

I repentantly bung this here as a possible load of nonsense but I felt it might make interest reading for someone like Libby who seems able to sort the wheat from the chafe with regards to X-Nonesense.

I have read numerous times that Robert Coe is a character who features quite prominently in the movies plot and it is been mentioned of a few fan sites that leaks suggest it is a high profile actor who has been cast in the role. Robert Coe certainly appears on the breakdown of sides I posted a link to some messages ago so that much seems fairly plausible. What interests me is that rumours suggest that the character is an agent who possesses a psychic gift and a few posters elsewhere have already jumped to the conclusion that this could well be the role that Lance alluded to. What makes me wonder is...has anyone else come across titbits that seem to suggest that the script details the activities of Agents Darby and Plummer? This seems to indicate that early drafts of the script have used these titles instead of Mulder and Scully, totally with merit I wonder if the police psychic Robert Coe could a working name for our very own Frank Black?

On a more solid and sure note. The X-Files 2nd movie will be premiered in Germany on July 24th and France on July 30th. Give us the UK dates soon Fox!

RUMOURS * RUMOURS * RUMOURS * RUMOURS * RUMOURS

I repentantly bung this here as a possible load of nonsense but I felt it might make interest reading for someone like Libby who seems able to sort the wheat from the chafe with regards to X-Nonesense.

I have read numerous times that Robert Coe is a character who features quite prominently in the movies plot and it is been mentioned of a few fan sites that leaks suggest it is a high profile actor who has been cast in the role. Robert Coe certainly appears on the breakdown of sides I posted a link to some messages ago so that much seems fairly plausible. What interests me is that rumours suggest that the character is an agent who possesses a psychic gift and a few posters elsewhere have already jumped to the conclusion that this could well be the role that Lance alluded to. What makes me wonder is...has anyone else come across titbits that seem to suggest that the script details the activities of Agents Darby and Plummer? This seems to indicate that early drafts of the script have used these titles instead of Mulder and Scully, totally with merit I wonder if the police psychic Robert Coe could a working name for our very own Frank Black?

On a more solid and sure note. The X-Files 2nd movie will be premiered in Germany on July 24th and France on July 30th. Give us the UK dates soon Fox!

i dont want to jumo to any conclusions myself but i tend to think since the title is a working or bogus title, so are the characters. I have read and listen to Carters and Spotnitz comments on how everything will be tip lip and confidential