Millennium's Entire Story Arc Broken Down

Rate this topic

Guest NormanCroucher

It's great isn't it chief. NormanCroacher deserved some sort of award for what was his first post. I do hope everyone here takes the time to read it. It is superb. :thumbsup:

Eth

Guest RodimusBen

HA! This is awesome. It really made me want to watch the whole series again! (Just want to get my podcasting equipment first!)

Ben, would you like some space to discuss a podcast with the folk here? They might be interested in making some suggestions as to what Millennium fans would like to see in a podcast and it could well be that they may be able to help with certain things (banners and what not) to get you going.

The Blackcoat Forum is only accessible to members in the Blackcoat Team. I'd be more than happy to add you to that group so you can create a topic in the Blackcoat forum that you could use to brainstorm with fellow Millennium fans?

Anyhow back to the article. If you haven't read the first post in the this thread you really, really should. :clapping:

Eth

Guest RodimusBen

It is really something. I am forwarding it to a friend of mine whom I recently exposed to Millennium who was frustrated that things really didn't come together at the end of the series (something many of us feel due to the cancellation).

I don't agree with everything in the summary-- I think the question of who released the Marburg virus is still debatable. I can see arguments for both sides, but I tend believe that the occurrence was not the Group's doing and that their crime was rather in withholding the vaccine from the public. On the other hand, Frank seems to believe that they were directly responsible for the outbreak, so was he just paranoid or was his ability telling him something not directly stated? I dunno. I'd have to go back and watch again.

Despite that one issue of contention, I think the piece ties everything together nicely. In my mind there is no question that Legion had taken over the Group in season 3 and that Watts was a good man caught in an impossible situation. I never considered him a "bad guy" even in the final season, any more than I'd consider Emma a villain for giving in to the temptation of the Group's offer. I read an interview (probably on Back to Frank Black) where one of the creators said that the direction that had planned on going for season 4 was the notion that "We are heading for an apocalypse of our own creation" which was being set up in the final episodes of season 3. That fits perfectly with the idea that the Millennium group would end up being the cause of the very thing it was trying to avoid due to the influence of Legion. It even fits in with the X-Files Millennium episode to an extent.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, yes, great post and replies as well.

This has filled up some holes which I haven't even thought of...I should really pay more attention when watching Millennium episodes....

It is a great post, I'm glad you enjoyed it Josef.

I am of the opinion that fandom is a wonderful thing when it comes to excusing the odd hole here and there and making a show they love work as a coherent piece and this is not just Millennium fans but any fans of show e.g. Lost, The X-Files, Alias. I can't think of a single show that was plotted with water tight precision or that didn't suffer from oddities or contradictions in the narrative but fandom always comes good in the end and is able, as Norman demonstrates, to make it all come good.

I could be wrong though, I accept that, but I am fairly certain that Millennium really wasn't as tightly crafted as Norman's resume would seem to suggest.

That said, I buy Norman's version of events. I rather like to think it really was meant to be that way.

Eth

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest Sinestro

Too many replies to weed through, but regardless of the many people who dislike the MM crossover in Xfiles, I feel it needed to be acknowledged in the main post.

Again, if someone had already mentioned, I apologize. I just don't have time to read through all these replies.