The Long Haired Man

Rate this topic

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

Doesn't Peter Watts in Lamentation say that 'evil' is the ability to hold two contradictory personalities? I always thought the LongHairedMan/Lucy thing was just a neat representation of that idea...

Guest Pencil Machine Operator
I always thought that Legion had recruited many disciples to do it's work on Earth, Lucy was one in Frank's locality but there were more.

So they were'nt the same... thing/person?

I always thought of Legion as a pervasive 'force' rather than an actual being.

[No, I'm not a Star Wars fan!]

Edited by Pencil Machine Operator

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Legion always seems very, very different to Lucy so I don't think so. She seems like the classic succubus character and Legion is more of a representation of the all pervasive evil rather than one specific evil.

Guest se7en

.....nah,I just don't subscribe to that at all. To me too much says otherwise in the episodes themselves. particularly Lamentation/P.P.T.D.

...But hey,we all have our own opinions on these things;for MM fans that's certainly nothing new.

~se7en :ouro:

Guest A Stranger

I've always taken Lucy as the Devil taking the form of Lucy in this particular isnstance;. The whole conept of "Legion" is that the Devil appears in numerous forms but is still the one force of Evil. Lucy's photo to me suggested that she was much like Pepper in "Powers..." meaning that she was once a real human being but Legion took her form at some point. I didn't see Lucy as a sucubus working for Legion but the recurring manisfistation of the Devil in Frank's life.

• Elders (Admins)

Interesting how we all seem to perceive Legion differently. I saw Legion as an Evil 'force' for want of a better description, with the power to win influence over potential subjects and bring them into it's many disciples on earth that it had employed to do its bidding. Although you never saw this adoption of humans take place, that's what I thought about when I watched those episodes that contained Legion and its themes. I think its saw the factions of the MillenniuM Group as a great opportunity to expediate it's evil masterplan whatever that was.

• 7 years later...

I've always taken Lucy as the Devil taking the form of Lucy in this particular isnstance;. The whole conept of "Legion" is that the Devil appears in numerous forms but is still the one force of Evil. Lucy's photo to me suggested that she was much like Pepper in "Powers..." meaning that she was once a real human being but Legion took her form at some point. I didn't see Lucy as a sucubus working for Legion but the recurring manisfistation of the Devil in Frank's life.

That's how I saw her as well, though perhaps she's more of a favored form than the long haired man.

All things considered, I would have expected her to appear as the long haired man if there had been an encounter with Lara Means.

I also think there's an interesting comparison to make between Lara Mean's glowing messiah figure vs Frank's encounter with Lucy.