The Millennium Christmas Chartshow

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Season Two Billboard Chart  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know I am entering the realms of uber-cheese but I guess the baubles, mulled wine and glitz are having a profound effect upon me. Not only that but I listening to a few choons from Season Two and wondered which ones you felt hit the nail on the head, added something perfectly or had you hitting the download button for a track you hadn't truly appreciated before Millennium rammed it home. I know I have not included every track but I have gone for the most obvious so hopefully every taste is covered.

Oh, a warning, every man, woman and child who logs on to this merry board has to vote. I don't care tuppence if you generally post but let's have a mass consensus. It's boring if I get to pick the result lol.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Edited by ethsnafu

I know I am entering the realms of uber-cheese but I guess the baubles, mulled wine and glitz are having a profound effect upon me. Not only that but I listening to a few choons from Season Two and wondered which ones you felt hit the nail on the head, added something perfectly or had you hitting the download button for a track you hadn't truly appreciated before Millennium rammed it home. I know I have not included every track but I have gone for the most obvious so hopefully every taste is covered.

Oh, a warning, every man, woman and child who logs on to this merry board has to vote. I don't care tuppence if you generally post but let's have a mass consensus. It's boring if I get to pick the result lol.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

I was a big Talking Heads fan, but "Love is Blue" stands out amongst all the others, at least for me...

4th Horseman

• Elders (Moderators)

Had a hard time trying to make a choice between Love Is Blue (I'm getting goose bumps again, like every time I think of it..in the nasty way, not nice) and A Horse with No Name. Picked the latter eventually because it really manages to support the gradually developing atmosphere of threat of the scene in question. Brrr!

Since the question was as to which song was best "utilized", I had to go with "Blue" too! I wavered a bit between that. "Goodbye Charlie", "A Horse With No Name", and "Behold, The Lord High Executioner", but the way "Love is Blue" so infected that entire episode, and now has me so totally creeped out when I hear it says to me it must have been well chosen and executed. (pardon the pun) :death:

Gulp!

I nearly left 'Love Is Blue' off the list!?!

My thinking being that it was a part of the narrative rather that a track that supported or enriched it. Seems like a good job I didn't as I would probably face TIWWA-firing-squad. I actually picked 'Dancing Barefoot' as it was a song I was unfamiliar with till Anamnesis and now ranks as one of my all time faves, just slightly under Agadoo (only kidding)

Edited by ethsnafu

Guest SouthernCelt

I had to go with Gilbert and Sullivan. Although Mikado (the operetta, not the episode) is not my favorite G&S work (I prefer Pirates of Penzance followed closely by HMS Pinafore), the use of the executioner's song from this work was an excellent choice in helping define the killer and his skewed view of the world.

Hi Gang,

Many thanks for all your votes!

But come on the rest of you, roll up and poll up, there's still a chance to change things. Just one little click and who knows the mighty 'Love is Blue' might not necessarily be this years Christmas No#1.

Any more for any more?

2007612182849333.jpg

Oh I don't know chicken,

It seems 'America' are riding strong, this was actually my second choice after Patti Smith so it's cool it's doing so well. Yet, there is time for change so keep those votes flooding in and let's see what tops the Millennium music charts on Christmas day!