Territorial Situations

Rate this topic

Guest Thomas

In Beware of the Dog we have a territorial situation. A man's house has to be removed. Does the Yellow House relate to this tension of good/evil? At the end of this episode Frank takes down the for sale sign. Legion has killed in Frank's sanctuary. Is the YH a part of the balance equation?

Perhaps you have some ideas about locations in the episodes and how they have meaning.

Guest peas_and_corn

I agree with you wholehartedly. I have watched that episode many times, and really am beginning to truly appreciate the complexities of it all. Michael Beebe is in a territory that he did not belong, as he upset the balance between good and evil, prompting the Old Man's action- but not after Frank came for an important lesson. Right from the beginning the yellow house has represented for Frank and the show in general a type of sanctuary and something light in a world full of darkness, despite the house becoming soiled somewhat due to the events of S1. His taking down the sign was all about holding onto the idea that he can return to where he belongs.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't believe I missed this thread. Wow, what a great thought.

My only problem with the house being a sanctuary is even after moving back in it, there was still another death, The Old Man. They wanted to see their home as a sanctuary, but evil showed up continually in their lives, from Bletcher's death, Catherine's kidnapping, Frank's sister-in-law gets abducted, to The Old Man being killed, and the list goes on.

I believe Frank wanted to move back in because he realized that their true sanctuary was each other. The house is a place for them to be together, and in so doing, restores their balance.