Some people may be living in an unreal world

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

I don't know that I even understand this other than to say it seems some people think we're not even as substantive as individuals as the Matrix mytharc provided. Rather, we're thoughts in some cosmic consciousness that can allow us to become self-aware for a time via a Matrix-like hallucination, for want of a better term. Although I find this intriguing for consideration, I just don't have the time to spend on what sounds like a common acid trip experienced by the believers of this idea. Feel free to consider it at your leisure...

Big Brain Theory: Have Cosmologists Lost Theirs?

• 4 months later...
Guest Byron

I have always enjoyed this kind of theory. Bill Hicks used to quote something along the lines of the above mentioned theory in his act.

• 1 year later...

MAybe it is small minded, but I am always left wondering what the action step is... suppose one or many of these ideas is correct... What does it mean to me? I cannot change a thing about it.

I found this idea the most intriguing...

"If some atoms in another universe stick together briefly to look, talk and think exactly like you, is it really you?"

I suppose given infinite matter, and infinite time, there are logically infinite me's. :)

Of course Douglas Adams said that with infinite space and infinite planets, and only a finite number of planets that are inhabitable, the chance of life existing is too small to calculate. :)