Wait. Worry. Who cares?

Rate this topic

Guest Dragonperil

Forget the coffee...I could do with a pint of the rough stuff.

Maybe an expedition to Arbourthorne would prove interesting, I hear the place is full of cryptids ;)

Eth

Arbourthorne? Moi?

I'm upper middle class mate, very nearly the 'landed gentry', one does not live at Arbourthorne lol.

Actually I live in that lovely little Hamlet called Woodhouse just across the road from a drink and drug rehab centre. Oh how one enjoys the sights :)

Best wishes,

Lord Eth la Plume de ma Tante II

• 4 months later...

Wait... patiently for the news

Worry... for the end is coming and theres nothing we can do to stop the inevitable

Who Cares?

In the end, regardless of where you stand in the world, we die. It doesn't matter if you believe in the second coming of Christ and the Apocalypse, or another ice age, or that the world will continue infinitely on into oblivion. When we die, we don't come back.

Wish I lived near the two of you... Your distant Irish cousin wants a pint of the local bitter too!

• 11 months later...
Guest quentin compson

Hello everyone,

a couple of days ago I stumbled across this site and liked it so much I had to join this group of devoted fellowers.

Me, I'm only halfway through the second season of the show, but I hope to finish it soon.

So, "Wait ... Worry ... Who Cares?":

I think that this is a quite accurate description of the Millennium Group. They wait for something to happen at the end of the Millennium, they worry about what might happen at that time, and therefore they are the ones who care and act.

PS: Thank you for welcoming me, Earthnut. I tried to PM you about that, but somehow it didn't work.

Edited by quentin compson

Guest Laurent.

Welcome to the board quentin! Cool to see (yet) another Lovecraft fan on the board, if I'm not mistaken about who's in your avatar.

...and Quentin Compson would be from William Faulkner's "The Sound and The Fury" right? But I digress, I agree with your assessment of 'Wait', 'Worry' 'Who Cares?'. It sounds like an apt description of either The Millennium Group or Frank Black himself.

Eth

Guest quentin compson

Welcome to the board quentin! Cool to see (yet) another Lovecraft fan on the board, if I'm not mistaken about who's in your avatar.

Yes, you're right. That's H. P. Lovecraft in my avatar. I really like his works.

...and Quentin Compson would be from William Faulkner's "The Sound and The Fury" right? But I digress, I agree with your assessment of 'Wait', 'Worry' 'Who Cares?'. It sounds like an apt description of either The Millennium Group or Frank Black himself.

Eth

Correct again. Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury" is one of his most impressive novels, in my opinion. "Absalom, Absalom!" is also great, one of the true classics of modern American literature.

I'm impressed that there obviously are a lot of well-read people around here. :thumbsup:

Quentin, sorry your PM didn't go through. Please write me again at anytime. I look forward to chatting with you.

I'm impressed that there obviously are a lot of well-read people around here.

The members here are very intelligent, well-read, and at the same time laid back, warm and so very helpful. This has become a home away from home.