Lance Henriksen speaks again on Millennium Movie

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Lance Henriksen, best loved by many for his role as Frank Black in Chris Carter's Millennium has again spoken about a proposed Millennium movie.

This time Lance commented about the much desired feature film during his recent attendance at the Scandinavian Sci-Fi, Game and Film Convention in Sweden. You may recall our earlier news article from November when Lance sparked much euphoria and speculation with Millennium fans in Manchester, England when he hinted Frank Black was to return.

One of our forum members, 'AlexFoley' spoke to Lance in Sweden and posted as follows:

I just came home from meeting Lance Henriksen on a sci-fi convention held in Sweden. Lance Henriksen is one of (if not the) nicest celebrities i've met in my life. He was so cool & down to earth, just like everyone who's met him has said before. ... he said that the Millennium movie WILL happen, THIS year!

... He said with a clear tone in his voice that the movie will be DARK, very dark. I shot the whole thing with a camera so I'll upload it on youtube for you all to see soon.

You can find the TIWWA forum topic here.

Wikipedia has also recently been updated to read:

On 2 March 2008, Lance Henriksen was asked at the Scandinavian SciFi Convention about the future of Millennium. He answered that what he had heard from Chris Carter, Carters next project after the Untitled X-Files sequel would indeed be the Millennium motion picture.

View the original article

• Elders (Moderators)

I'm not sure why but I have a very, very good feeling about this - I think it could actually happen. But I guess we will have to wait for quite a long time to get any kind of confirmation.

BEER---> I brought this subject up to 'The Babe'. She replied that she thought that we waiting for the 2nd coming of Jesus. I had to laugh.

BELCH

IF this is true, and IF Lance has actually received confirmation from Carter about a movie, then i would have to say, i have a guarded, yet optimistic outlook...This all seems to hinge on the success or failure of X2...maybe what this community needs is to come up with an idea like the fans did for Jericho where they mailed tons of peanuts to the studio..dont know if peanuts would work, but how about something else..

4th Horseman

BEER----> You know, maybe if we could offer Chris Carter another shot to come back to 'Surfer' magazine he might follow through. What do you say Chris? A few more waves for you here in So Cal. Come on get stoked again about MM.

BELCH

Guest Jim McLean

Very excited. And from what Lance said, I believe it will happen regardless of X-Files 2. Why? Because I really don't think X-Files 2 will flop. I don't believe it's a cert hit, but I think it will make a return, and I think a dark, dark MM movie has more of a genre market than an X-Files market - let's face it, X-Files fans are not all MM fans - ratings proved that and distinct antipathy in season 2 of MM from X-Files mainstream audiences, so if a Frank Black movie is on the cards, and its dark - rather than mainstream - then I think its a move that its running on a momentum not geared by XF2 - unless CC is proved to be utterly, utterly unbankable, and given the media interest in X-Files 2, I don't see that as likely.

So damn it, I'm going against the MM mould and I'm going to be very excited.

Furthermore, depending on what "THIS YEAR" means - be it running into pre-production this year or a release this year raises the question of whether the film is theatre or DVD based. Given the successes of revitalized and ongoing TV shows in the DVD market (WBros Babylon 5 Lost Tales made more than Warners projected, Battlestar Galactica has enjoyed a DVD success with Razor), I could see MM running as a DVD movie and maybe that would speed up its production schedule. That said, if CC is running in direct involvement, most likely it means that CC is looking to work on MM after XF2 wraps in total which would make sense in the "this year context" for starting work rather than a release.

Sorry, thinking out loud. Lots of speculation, very excited.

Guest tjmasiakowski

That would definitely superb to watch a Millennium full feature film.

I am eagerly waiting for any other information on the development.

Wondering what would be the basic premise and what episodes

would it be based on...

Sorry for first-time posting out of the blue. I will introduce myself later on!

Edited by tjmasiakowski

That would definitely superb to watch a Millennium full feature film.

I am eagerly waiting for any other information on the development.

Wondering what would be the basic premise and what episodes

would it be based on...

Sorry for first-time posting out of the blue. I will introduce myself later on!

Oh cool, a fellow Scotsman!

Welcome masiakowski!

Be sure to introduce yourself to the family soon. We're a damn fine bunch if I say so myself and I'm sure you will have a bloody good time around these parts.

Best wishes,

Eth