Where in the Heck Is Bucksnort

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Interesting thoughts! This episode has so much to like but I couldn't understand why the seemingly nice cook/chef would tell the nice old couple to move their camper van inside the town limit border if he knew they would be killed and so horribly? Was it intentional?

Was the smell more that just the fact that the Old Man had dogs. Though I'm sure he said they weren't his dogs at one point.

Love the look of that Bucksnort Rootbeer! 

• Like 1

I'm thinking that they had the man move his RV into the town limits for safety, thinking they would be safe as long as they stayed inside.  They may have thought it would have been more dangerous to not be in the city limit.  Obviously it didn't help since their presence upset the balance.  Even Frank's presence there brought out the dogs, but who knows, maybe they were somehow welcoming a member of the group, and could smell that he was.  Animals have a very extreme strong sense of smell.

Yes, I remember, The Old Man did say at one point that they dogs were not his.

I'm betting the Bucksnort Root Beer is absolutely delicious.

Wonder how safe this place would be ~

Bucksnort_Motel.JPG

• Like 1

The balance was upset by the guy who built the cabin. Normally visitors who stayed inside the city limits would be safe.  That's  why they herded the couple into  the   town limits. That's why the dogs attacked. That's why they attacked Frank.  When the guy built the cabin where he wasn't supposed to, he upset the balance. That's why the dogs started attacking when they weren't supposed to. The bargain was broken.  That is why the old man set fire to it. If he hadn't, they all would have been  killed by the dogs.  Cabin  burned,  balance restored.

• Like 2

My question is, if the couple in the RV were not safe OUT of the city limits, then why were they killed IN the city limits?  They hadn't set up residency like the cabin guy did.  That part to me doesn't make sense.  The only thing I can think of is because of the guy's cabin, everyone became a doggy target.

• Like 1

THe cabin was insured.   THe old man was laughing when the guy was upset, and said " that's what you got insurance for isn't it"   or something like that.

Once the cabin guy upset the balance, all bets were off  for the dogs.   They were trying to kill off outsiders and restore balance.   Cabin guy built the cabin outside the bounds,  THat made it okay for the dogs to go in the bounds because the bounds were erased.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, seesthru said:

LOL!  I really wish they would have shown the Old Man more. He was such an interesting character!

I totally agree.  He had an awesome laid-back attitude, but at the same time he always had his guard up for the unexpected.  I sometimes wonder if he knew that he was going to be killed at Frank's house, and why he chose to sleep in the basement, so as to not endanger anyone else in the house.  It seems his only safe place was in "The Cabin in the Woods."

It states in The Old Man's profile that "...through his death, reunited The Millennium Group, which had begun disintegration through the influence of Odessa."

Here's the IMDB link to R.G. Armstrong, our The Old Man ~

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0035866/

Born in Birmingham, Alabama in 1917, and died in Studio City, California in 2012 at 95.  He has a very long list of credits.

• Like 1

I'd looked him up a while back. Thanks for the link, I think I should look him up again.  So sad that he passed.

The old man was the  sacrificial lamb then. The one thing that would shock the  factions out of their war on eachother and into  cohesive action against the nazis.