No confirmation from Chris Carter

Rate this topic

Viivi

Guest gethsemane

This was on the web today. July 25th is the scheduled release date for the x-files movie. CC said it puts Scully and Muldaur where they should be in their life now. Not a movie about mythology but takes off where the series left off. He didn't mention Lance but he was sorta vague about the movie. Hope this info helps you xer's out there breathe easier.

Guest Jim McLean

I wouldn't get worried about this. Time and again actors have let slip more than producers will admit to. It's part of the business; producers are best keeping cards to their chest before any deal is struck, actors don't have that responsibility.

Look at Battlestar Galactica's final season. Word was blown by Olmos as I recall, not the producers who - again as I recall - were tight lipped about any notion of the show's future.

Because I really can't believe Lance would be so certain the future for Frank was positive (we have had him making positive hints at 2 cons now) by misreading comments made by Chris, who has been making vague statements about how much he loves Frank for years now. It's not impossible, but I would think there is more likely than not a game plan that Carter can't afford to be tied to until X Files 2 comes out. Depending on that film will directly affect his money and potential with further projects, so like poker players, producers don't make statements until the ball are truly in their court.

Of course, having an actor spread a few rumours never harms... :)

well it looks like this story is growing legs and getting picked up by some Internet News Services. check it out:

This is from Moviehole.com

Will Black Be Back?

Date : March 28, 2008 Writer : Clint Morris

Having had such a hoot resurrecting Mulder and Scully (for the big screen), “X-Files” head-honcho Chris Carter has now set his sights on resurrecting Frank Black.

Black, of course, is the character played by Lance Henriksen in the “X-Files” spin-off series, “Millennium”.

There’s been numerous rumours over the years suggesting that a movie be in the works and/or that someone would “like” it to be in the works (most likely Henriksen, who makes a living these days doing a day’s work on Steven Seagal movies) but I don't think anyone is expecting it to happen.

"We've talked about that over the years," Carter told attendees at a panel at the William S. Paley Television Festival in Hollywood. "Lance would love to do it. I don't know if it would ever get done. It's a long shot. It would be fun. I have ideas about how to do it."

Meantime, the filmmaker noted of the upcoming “X-Files” sequel that a) it does not yet have a title (“"I can't tell you [what it is]," Carter said in response to a question. "Because I don't know, really. I know what I want it to be, but Fox has ideas of their own. And I know what it should be."”) and b) it includes element from the original unused “Fight the Future” script from a decade ago.

Here is a link to something much longer in which IFMagazine interviews Chris Carter about XF2 and a possible MillenniuM Movie:

XF2/MM

Hahaha... what?
How magical the embers of hope that MillenniuM fans continually fan...Lance's morsels of expectations, tempered with Carter's hardened reality. The yin and the yang...We should all harbor aspirations that X-Files II is a blockbuster, because I truely believe that any hope whatsoever of a MillenniuM movie is absolutely dependent upon it success at the box office...we know that the first XF earned approximately 187 million dollars worldwide on a budget of around 65 million, however IMDB.COM only gives it a 6.7 out of 10, so it would appear that there is far more "on the plate" so to speak, as Carter's reputation as well as any further projects will ride the "gravy train" of XF2's success or failure..

4th Horseman...

Guest Sheree Dawn

Maybe all of the stories, hype and reality, will generate interest to the point that they WILL give serious consideration to a Millennium sequel. If the fans want it, you KNOW it will be a hit at the box office or on the television.

I'm keeping fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed in hopes of the re-appearance of Frank Black.

Let's just hope this won't be like Linus sitting in the pumpkin patch awaiting the arrival of the Great Pumpkin.

Maybe all of the stories, hype and reality, will generate interest to the point that they WILL give serious consideration to a Millennium sequel.

I personally believe that Lance's 'I'm in a movie' he's not in and 'We're making a movie' no-ones actually making is designed to this end. His comments, especially in regards to XF2, generated a great deal of interest and got people talking about 'Frank' in a way they hadn't since Millennium ended. It would seem that his comments 'may' have encouraged Carter to make some statement with regards to a MM movie in recent interviews. Carter's sudden deviation from XF2 to Millennium and a reference to knowing Lance wants a MM movie seem to be a response to Lance's comments rather than a natural evolution of the interview's topics.

Like you I'm crossing everything crossable and being as patient as I can be....

Smiles

Eth

Maybe all of the stories, hype and reality, will generate interest to the point that they WILL give serious consideration to a Millennium sequel. If the fans want it, you KNOW it will be a hit at the box office or on the television.

I'm keeping fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed in hopes of the re-appearance of Frank Black.

Let's just hope this won't be like Linus sitting in the pumpkin patch awaiting the arrival of the Great Pumpkin.

The buzz, hyperbole, and whatnot of an XF movie will ALWAYS generate far more interest than a MillenniuM sequel based solely on the fact that there are simply a far greater number of people who have heard of XF than MillenniuM. It boils down to a simple case of numbers generating revenue. I know in my experiences that if i ask 10 strangers on the street if they have ever heard of XF or MillenniuM, nearly all will acknowledge, to whatever degree, a recognition of XF by the admission of viewing either a single episode, a few episodes, or the entire series. Ask the same question in regards to MillenniuM and you will find, guaranteed, that less than half will even know it was a show. You will get a few who have "heard" of it, and even less who even know what the show was about or who the main characters were. Extrapolate that amongst the general population and the return on investment does not look too good. In this day of corporate downsizing, where more "bang for your buck" means streamlining, cutting jobs, eliminating positions, and so forth, well, the movie industry is no different. They are in the business to make money and the question becomes, is the reward greater than the risk. We can all point to Jericho where the fans "saved" the series for a 2nd season by mailing in tons of nuts to the show's executives, only to see it cancelled once again due to lower rating than the first season..The final nail in its coffin was hammered with this quote from a CBS executive:

On March 21, 2008 it was officially announced that the show had been canceled. CBS entertainment boss, Nina Tassler stated that "The March 25 episode... will be the series finale. Without question, there are passionate viewers watching this program; we simply wish there were more".

So, in the end, what did we learn? Even passion amongst a small fan base was not enough to generate sufficient interest which in turn meant a greater revenue stream for the network. The 2nd season of Jericho got most favorable reviews, but in the end, the reality of the situation was there was just too little support outside the core fanbase. The producers are currently attempting to find a home for the show on The SciFi Channel, but its run on mainstream network television is over...

Believe me, as someone who has been here for over two years now, i harbor the same hopes and aspirations that some day, some way, we will see SOMETHING. Not only have i signed the petition here at TIWWA, i have enjoined several friends to do the same. Perhaps, like the fans of Jericho, if we could come up with something else in this digital age as a collective voice to send to the executives at Fox in sync with the release of XF2, it might be our best chance..

sorry if anyone misinterprets this post as being a killjoy. I am a dreamer amongst many other things, but i am also a realist. As i have said before many times, i will keep the faith, but i will only believe it when i see the trailer..

4th Horseman

Superb points my friend and I agree wholeheartedly.

I think I have only ever garnered one positive response when I've shared my Millennium passion with others. Often I am met with a bit of a 'meh' or some lusciously vague response about 'that odd show with the guy from Aliens?' Even on XF boards, amongst fans you would assume would be more informed about the 1013 canon, there are some superb misconceptions about the show's mythos and intent so it isn't surprising that the average 'Joe Soap' knows very little about our beloved universe.

I worry that my posts may make me appear like a grump or a jaded naysayer but my 'Jiminy Cricket' won't let me accept the possibility of Millennium ever making it back. I feel like ther personification of Mulder's Poster as 'i want to believe' I really do.

Smiles,

Eth