No confirmation from Chris Carter

Rate this topic

Viivi

Guest Sheree Dawn
... so it isn't surprising that the average 'Joe Soap' knows very little about our beloved universe.

I worry that my posts may make me appear like a grump or a jaded naysayer but my 'Jiminy Cricket' won't let me accept the possibility of Millennium ever making it back. I feel like ther personification of Mulder's Poster as 'i want to believe' I really do.

Smiles,

Eth

Okay, here's my thing...

Take into account the lack of popularity of Millennium--no, wait. Don't think of us as not popular, but rather exclusive. The fan base of Millennium is a tight-knit exclusive group. This allows us to stay focussed and not dilute the pool with things that are not even remotely related to "our cause" (do we have a cause? sounds good, though)

And if Millennium never makes it back, then we have the divine mandate of keeping it alive and finding a purpose for it's theology and such even years and years beyond 2000, 2012, and the next cosmic milestone.

We are keepers of the flame. Keepers of the Millennial Flame.

Guest Laurent.

The thing is; if XF2 ends up being a major success, FOX will finance any movie on which they can use the "By the creator/writer/director of The X-Files" marketing canon. Unfortunately, for the last six years, Chris Carter's name didn't have half the weight it had back in 1998... We just have to cross our fingers and hope that he's able to get his reputation back, in the eyes of the majority, with his new movie. If he can do it, it won't be a question of Millennium's popularity; because they will market it as Carter's new movie and not as the feature movie of a long lost series.

Guest Sheree Dawn
If he can do it, it won't be a question of Millennium's popularity; because they will market it as Carter's new movie and not as the feature movie of a long lost series.

I don't know about the rest of you doods :fool: but I'll take it anyway I can get it.

Guest peas_and_corn
If he can do it, it won't be a question of Millennium's popularity; because they will market it as Carter's new movie and not as the feature movie of a long lost series.

At times it feels like CC just likes making film (understandable, really), and he wants to make a MM film because of that. Certainly TV is his bread and butter (it's why he didn't go down DD's original idea after the first movie to make a movie series), but making a film every so often is really enjoyable for someone to really stretch their creative legs. I'm worried that CC is using his past shows as a vehicle to get more film money- from what I've seen of Supernatural it doesn't feel like a CC show and from the outside it looks like it's hamstrung by studio interference. That won't happen with film. Of course, if he does make a MM film, where from there? A harsh realm film? I certainly don't want to watch a Supernatural film...

At times it feels like CC just likes making film (understandable, really), and he wants to make a MM film because of that. Certainly TV is his bread and butter (it's why he didn't go down DD's original idea after the first movie to make a movie series), but making a film every so often is really enjoyable for someone to really stretch their creative legs. I'm worried that CC is using his past shows as a vehicle to get more film money- from what I've seen of Supernatural it doesn't feel like a CC show and from the outside it looks like it's hamstrung by studio interference. That won't happen with film. Of course, if he does make a MM film, where from there? A harsh realm film? I certainly don't want to watch a Supernatural film...
Laran....you make some very good points. However, how could you market a MillenniuM movie as "Carter's new movie" without establishing a connection to the origional series? Just wondering....i do however COMPLETELY agree with you that ANY

Laran....you make some very good points. However, how could you market a MillenniuM movie as "Carter's new movie" without establishing a connection to the origional series? Just wondering....i do however COMPLETELY agree with you that ANY shot at a movie absolutely and unequivocally depends on the success of XF2....

blockbuster = good possibility

dud = no possible way

keep you fingers crossed...

4th Horseman

That's been my assertion from the off 4th! Even if the whole brand is repackaged, rebranded and dragged by its Satan-shaped-horns into the noughties it will not take long before someone realises that 'Chris Carter + Lance Henriksen + Frank Black' is a movie about a show many of them didn't watch or didn't like.

I know desperation means many of us would take something rather than nothing but I'm really not a supporter of this. I don't want Millennium without Millennium and as 'X-Files: Millennium' shows it is possible to make rubbish if you put Frank Black in a universe devoid of the motifs we associate him with.

Smiles

Eth

Guest Sheree Dawn

While I was the one who said I would take what I could get, I will have to clarify. It (Millennium) has to come back on it's own. As just another X-Files spinnoff, no way. It has to breathe life of its' own, not be on some sort of Anderson/Duchovny ventilator system.

It has to be all Frank, or no Frank.

Guest Laurent.

Just to make it clear; I was only linking the possible MM movie with the new XF one in terms of marketing. I'm not saying in anyway that the two movies should be linked storywise.. which would be a bad move. If Chris Carter ever do a movie starring Lance Henriksen as Frank Black, FOX won't have to mention that it is another revival of a 90's series. They might chose to announce it as a new project, if they think it is wiser to do so (box-office wise).

Guest Jim McLean
While I was the one who said I would take what I could get, I will have to clarify. It (Millennium) has to come back on it's own. As just another X-Files spinnoff, no way. It has to breathe life of its' own, not be on some sort of Anderson/Duchovny ventilator system.

It has to be all Frank, or no Frank.

You're a stronger person than I - I would readily accept Frank working with the X-Files, if it meant more Frank, as we were talking last year with Lance's inferences he might be in the X-Files movie. That would be good for me!

But yes, as far as preference, I would want a movie to be Frank based entirely. I'd just settle for something less if I had to!