Favorite Movies

1. Passion of the Christ: Best Satan so far....

2. The Exorcist: Same creep factor

3. Mothman Prophecies: Very intelligent

4. 28 Days later: i am a schmoe for Zombie movies

5. Silence of the Lambs: hands down terrific

6. The Eye: Japan Import....a must rental

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 19:19

Se7en

silence of the lambs

red dragon

...i'll get back to you on some more, i can't think right now

Guest SteelyFan

The Omen

Omen II

Silence of the lambs

Manhunter( Much superior to Red Dragon in my opinion)

Excorcist

The Prophecy(Gotta love Chris Walken as Gabriel)

Guest se7en

.......without a doubt my #1 would be the unbelievably underrated masterpiece,starring Brad Dourif and George C. Scott, "The Exorcist III-LEGION",often called "EX3" by fans. even Entertainment Weekly",in it's "Cult movie issue" nameed this movie as one of the most overlooked horror films of our times. -(i had discovered this pleasing fact when it first came out in 1990.) ...now,however,when i got it on DVD about a year back it jolted me in more than one way. not only did it co-star,in a killer performance, Brad Dourif-(who co-starred in "Force Majeure",but the way Legion is depicted in this film is virtually identical to how C.C. portrayed it in Lamentation/P.P.T.D. and throught MM really. and legion is often imagined or interpreted in different ways. But the simularities here are hard to overlook or dismiss when compared to MM. I cannot recomend this enough for people looking for something that is not only great,and terrifying on it's own,but also something that very likely inspired our beloved C.C.

-(if anyone is seriously interested in this i would be happy to dub,perhaps a few copies,via "DVD-X-Copy" and ship to a few fans,in the U.S.,"at cost" ,which would be about $2.70 including shipping. THAT'S A MEASURE OF HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS MOVIE AND WANT A FEW OTHERS TO DISCOVER IT AND,PERHAPS,SEE WHAT I SEE REAGARDS MM. BUT I DO WARN: IT "IS" VERY DISTURBING,BUT VERY MUCH IN A MILLENNIUMISTIC KIND OF WAY.

~CHEERS,

se7en :ouro:

There are a few scenes in that movie that is very creepy, one is the old woman floating close to the floor......the other is in the hallway the figure walking towards the nurse from the back with the knife, sent chills down my spine

Guest STILL Mr.Ne'er-Do-Well

The Exorcist is a no-brainer. Its the scariest film of all time, and was one of the few films of that time to actually address the nature of evil, and what "it" wants from us. An absolute classic.

The Exorcist III is an underrated movie for sure. Theres some fantastic stuff in there, and its a shame the studio stuck that cheap exorcism conclusion on, because it feels completely out of step with the rest of the film.

Go with me on this one....Apocalypse Now. Another of my favorite movies, and has an mood of insanity and horror, which really begins when Martin Sheen and co make it to the outpost thats not being commandered and in disarray. And of course, when they get to Marlon Brando...

This movie feels like a nightmare...in the good way.

Manhunter. My favorite of the Hannibal movies. Its very chilling, and feels fresh and honest, unlike all those other shitty serial killer films we've been getting in the wake of Seven (which was a great film too). It feels real, unlike remake Red Dragon, which was okay but stunk of "we're doing this for a buck/we'll creep you out using all the tried and true cliches". Argh....the climatic attack on Ed Norton's house was so uninspired.

Gotta love that neon/shadowy Michael 'The Man' Mann direction and I still have a thing for that 80s techno music.

I love Night Of The Living Dead and Dawn Of The Dead, and liked 28 Days Later a lot, and the apocalyptic doom hanging over everything, but they work for me on a different level than Millennium, but its no less strong. I'm still toying with two end of the world stories...one about people dying (ala The Stand) and one with them coming back. They're such powerful ideas, and lets writers make commentaries on the human race, and the fact that we ARE destroying our planet.

To be honest, theres been nothing since Millennium thats caught that the tone that really grabbed me they way that little show did.

Guest se7en

you mean the BIG-little show! lol ...one show that has reached millennial levels for me is HBO's "Carnivale". simply delectible!

~se7en

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines