PLEASE HELP

Rate this topic

Guest Kriss

Guest Kriss

Please help! :helpme:

I have done the unthinkable and lost my boyfriends Silver Millenium Cross Necklace, and yes it get worse he got it for his graduation!! :doh:

Does anybody know ware I may get another one or at least ware I could start to look for one??

I have attached a photo although not great, so you might be able to get some idae of what it looks like.

To anybody who helps with my daunting misson, Thanks x :notworthy:

post-3577-1207653906_thumb.jpg

Guest Kriss
you may want to try Ebay or Craigs List

oh and welcome to Tiwwa!

Sorry if I sound a little dim but whats Criags list??

Hi Kriss,

Are you in the UK?

The cross on the picture looks as though its part of a range of silverware made by Carrs of Sheffield. My Mother works for them and I've just had her take look and from what she can make out on the picture she confirms it is one of their products. She believes the remaining unsold items in the range were scrapped but she has offered to have a look in the 'cage' (have no idea what this means) to see if any items escaped.

To confirm our suspicions do you know for certain the manufacturer?

She actually retires tomorrow so you may just have caught us in time.

Here's hoping,

Eth

At the risk of sounding dumb....I didn't even know there was such a THING as a MM Cross necklace! :embarassed::wha:

And, ethie.... now that I know you have a short lived access to silver jewelry, you may get bugged with questions as to what she has access to....for people like me with virtualy no money to throw around! LOL

In case ehtie's idea doesn't work, here's the we address for Craig's List. https://atlanta.craigslist.org/ (and here's a direct link...) Craigs List

That one takes you to the page for Atlanta, Georgia (USA), but you can see off to the right a list of other area's listings....all over the world!!!!

At the risk of sounding dumb....I didn't even know there was such a THING as a MM Cross necklace! :embarassed::wha:

And, ethie.... now that I know you have a short lived access to silver jewelry, you may get bugged with questions as to what she has access to....for people like me with virtualy no money to throw around! LOL

In case ehtie's idea doesn't work, here's the we address for Craig's List. https://atlanta.craigslist.org/ (and here's a direct link...) Craigs List

That one takes you to the page for Atlanta, Georgia (USA), but you can see off to the right a list of other area's listings....all over the world!!!!

Hiya sweetie,

The cross that Kris is wearing, or so we think, is a limited edition in the silver jewelry range Carr's produces. I have one though it isn't the Millennium edition and isn't hallmarked in the same way Kris' is. Sadly it has nothing to do with our own Mythos, it was simply a year 2000 cash in. Carrs is one of the most renowned silversmiths in the UK but sadly the downturn in the global economy means they are struggling a little.

My apartment is absolutely flush with silver as my Mother is able to purchase items that have been discontinued at disgustingly cheap prices, sadly that comes to an end tomorrow as the old girl finally earns a well deserved rest.

She has phoned a few chums to ransack the back catalogue so I hope Kris visits and all her hard work is not in vain. Bless her heart, she is trying her best to locate a Millennium Cross simply because I have asked her to.

Mothers, aren't they just sublime?

Smiles always,

Eth

Kriss,

If you stop by can you PM me? I am holding in my hands a Millennuim Cross, my Mother says that any remaining samples were destroyed only a matter of weeks ago but my cousain (no it's isn't a family business lol) retained one for sentimental value. It's yours if your still looking though it comes without a chain I'm afraid.

Best wishes,

Eth

WOW....ethie... You're amazing!!!!

And, I can't believe they'd just scrap all their silver... I'm sure they could have sold it whole sale to someone or something.

I'd love to see a picture of your apartment sometime! Silver candlesticks, anyone?? *wink*

• 4 weeks later...