Final scene of Rooster

Rate this topic

Guest queequeg914

Guest queequeg914
Are the Cardinals Roosters or Owls?

They're pathetic, is what they are :p

kidding, I actually follow no sports except UT football! Hook em' Horns!

Guest peas_and_corn

On the initial question of whether they were like the Romans, I interpreted it from a more political angle because that's the academic area I'm schooled in. When the United Kingdom took control of Egypt, the decried the actions of 'gravediggers' who mercilessly stole from the pyramids for their own gain. They then took treasures from the pyramids and shipped them the the UK, and called it 'archeology'. Was there any real difference between the two, or was it a matter of victors' spoils? I tend towards the latter*.

Applying a similar thought process to this instance, there really wasn't any difference between the actions of the MM group and the Romans. It seems that the Romans wanted to robes for whatever reason- souvenir, whatever- and the MM group fought over what essentially Jesus died on because they viewed it as being theirs, rather than considering that by fighting over something like this, they are showing the same disrespect to their saviour that the Romans did 2,000 years ago.

Just a thought.

*Of course as we all know quite a bit of it has been returned to the Egyptian government. There is still quite a lot in England that is being refused to be given back, though.

Hello, "quee".

I was going to type a long response, but I don't think that's necessary.

"Horseman" was simply looking out for the best interests of the group, as we've had a terrible time in the past with former members really hurting each other with the NEED to be RIGHT when it comes to their religious beliefs. In regards to moderating, this is NOT a black and white issue saying that no one can discuss anything involving religion or spiritual beliefs of any kind, since both are so firmly intertwined with the series. It's actually just as simple as what we were taught as children. "Play nice". I'm not directing this at you, "quee" (BTW, so glad someone's finally using that name, and has the courage to try to SPELL it! LOL)....Just stating this in general. No one has the "harry eyeball" on you, and we welcome the fresh new ideas and thoughts you bring to the board. There's no need to jump the gun when you have done nothing wrong. I'm sure that was not the intention of Horseman either, who is, as I said.... Just looking out for the best interests of all.

Greetings Quee,

I must admit I came late to some of the issues discussed here so I ask for your apologies.

As Erin has stated this board does not restrict theological discussion especially when it relates to Millennium episodes that deal primarily with concepts derived from theological concepts. It would be nigh impossible to discuss Bardo Thodol, Anamnesis, Matrosyka, Saturn Dreaming of Mercury, Borrowed Time, In Arcadia Ego and countless others without paying homage to the philosophies that inspired them. As is noted there are numerous threads about Sameal which itself indicates that this board has touched these subjects, happily, many times in the past. There is a vast difference between exploring the wonder of Millennium and the argumentative assertions regarding our own personal beliefs and that is the anathema we Elders endeavor to restrict. What we do encourage is exploring the Millennium mythos and the deep ruminations concerned with the concepts presented and, more importantly, a healthy banter that pays respect to our unorthodox universe. I know Erin and Graham and Mark enough to know that they encourage a respectful exchange of concepts in respect of the mythos we are exploring. Recent discussions embraced Lillith, re-incarnation, the Anti-Christ and so on, certainly not a forum nervous of exploring profound concepts.

All the Elders and Moderators here will support your musings so please worry not with regards to a well-fueled Millennium deconstruction.

As Erin notes, you have done nothing wrong!

Let's have more of it.

Guest queequeg914
Greetings Quee,

I must admit I came late to some of the issues discussed here so I ask for your apologies.

As Erin has stated this board does not restrict theological discussion especially when it relates to Millennium episodes that deal primarily with concepts derived from theological concepts. It would be nigh impossible to discuss Bardo Thodol, Anamnesis, Matrosyka, Saturn Dreaming of Mercury, Borrowed Time, In Arcadia Ego and countless others without paying homage to the philosophies that inspired them. As is noted there are numerous threads about Sameal which itself indicates that this board has touched these subjects, happily, many times in the past. There is a vast difference between exploring the wonder of Millennium and the argumentative assertions regarding our own personal beliefs and that is the anathema we Elders endeavor to restrict. What we do encourage is exploring the Millennium mythos and the deep ruminations concerned with the concepts presented and, more importantly, a healthy banter that pays respect to our unorthodox universe. I know Erin and Graham and Mark enough to know that they encourage a respectful exchange of concepts in respect of the mythos we are exploring. Recent discussions embraced Lillith, re-incarnation, the Anti-Christ and so on, certainly not a forum nervous of exploring profound concepts.

All the Elders and Moderators here will support your musings so please worry not with regards to a well-fueled Millennium deconstruction.

As Erin notes, you have done nothing wrong!

Let's have more of it.

Wait, does this mean you won't accept the fact that I know everything about everything and I'm never wrong? :tongue:

I love the point that peas_and_corn brought up- does Peter feel guilt over his (and the group's) desire to possess the True Cross? And if it were to be found- really- where do you think it would belong?

Also, I remember an old episode of Law and Order SVU where a homeless man called himself Samael and claimed that he was the original vampire- is there any mythological basis to that?

Hi Quee

I think the thing with Peter is his growing awareness that the Roosters are losing their sense of the sacred and viewing even the True Cross as a simple tool to aid in their supremacy battle with the Owls. His musing regarding the objectification of Christ's Coat by the Roman Soldiers is analogous to their exhumation of the Holy Rood for no other reason than political value it held for them.

P&C's comments reagrding the British and our pilfering of Egyptian relics is a pretty good arguement. Objects of vast spiritual and historical importance to one nation and simple musem fodder to another.

Best wishes,

Eth