Woman held captive in cellar for 24 years

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.
His wife Rosemarie had allegedly not been aware of what was going on.

This is way too bizarre.

Personally, and I know this is a controversial opinion so feel free to argue, I think that parents should always be investigated and suspected in cases of kidnapping and disappearance. If this practice was part of the police routine in kidnapping, the suspected parents would not feel as insulted as they do now when the policed would search their house and question them. Tragedies like this one would never happen.

I think there was a case in the UK where, this summer, the parents were finally suspected after a year or so of searching; I have not heard any news since. :helpme:

Sadly Laran you can take your pic of UK cases. I guess you are referring to Madeleine Mccann who was snatched from her parents apartment in Portugal whilst they were out quaffing wine and shoveling tapas. Although they have been official suspects for over a year since her disappearance a vast portion of the British public believe they are innocent albeit guilty of wanton neglect. Oddly we have had a recent case in which Shannon Matthews was reported missing leading to one of the biggest Police investigations in Yorkshire since the Yorkshire Ripper. She was discovered alive twenty four days later in the base of her Uncle's divan bed. Her Mother, Uncle, Stepfather, Aunt and her Stepfather's Mother have all been charged in connection.

I do believe, as you state, that in most cases horrible acts are perpetrated by people familiar to the victim and as such close family and friends are investigated, respectfully and covertly, in most cases.

The case that dear Darkie highlights is one of unfathomable horror that I haven't been able to dwell on it for long.

Love, light and prayers for the poor victims of this hideous creature's flagrant insanity.

Best wishes,

Eth

I have trouble accepting that the wife didn't know. Give me a break. Anyway, for another unpopular opinion - why isn't this old b******* hanging from a tree yet?

You didn't half make me chuckle Roo!

Fair comment but given that he hasn't even been sentenced and no trial conducted it's fair to say that Austria has chosen not to kill him just yet :) I believe the Death Penalty was outlawed in Austria in 1950 following suit with the other 135 countries who abolished it around the same time. I guess if said chap deserves to die he is gonna have to be shipped to an Africa country, the Muslim Middle East or America to get his due.

A truly disgusting kettle of fish all the same.

Smiles,

Eth

I was thinking the wife or the neighbors would have commited a "crime of passion" on the old fart. I know we are all capable of doing evil, but I just can't imagine doing this to another human being for all those years, much less your own daughter. How can someone live with that?

I think the Bahamas, Jamaica, China, India, Cuba and Japan practice capital punishment too? Not that more makes it right, but more people do live in countries that have capital punishment as an option than countries that do not.

• Elders (Moderators)

More articles..

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7372477.stm

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7370889.stm

I have trouble accepting that the wife didn't know.

Me too. For example, how could the perp have supplied food to his victims for years and years without the wife noticing something?

More articles..

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7372477.stm

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7370889.stm

Me too. For example, how could the perp have supplied food to his victims for years and years without the wife noticing something?

DBSD....great to see you posting..I have missed you my friend...you know, the sad thing about this whole incident is that somewhere in a darkened corner of our world, it is still happening. The horrible crimes we perpertrate on each other just boggles the mind...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." ---Albert Einstein

4th Horseman

I would of shot him right there on the spot, but not before I would of tortured him to my heart contempt. The same treatment to the mother if the investigation would of revealed that she knew and ignored the facts.