Feeling nostalgic

Rate this topic

Guest Dan Owen

Guest Dan Owen

Hi everyone!

I was feeling nostalgic about VS4 today and did a little browsing on the internet. I was very pleased to see that all the episodes are still hosted by the excellent Millennial Abyss, and it was nice to read this forum and its nice comments. Has it really been 9 years since we did that crazy project? God. It's amazing to think so many people read, and continue to read, the VS4 episodes. I'm still very proud of what everyone achieved over those hectic 6 months, trying to give MM some kind of half-way decent closure after it was axed.

Of course, I'd by lying if I said I'm 100% happy with VS4. I wasn't even back in '99. And 9 years writing experience since then means some of the episodes I wrote cause me slight embarassment. Not in a huge way, but pressures of time meant they were hammered out quite quickly on nothing but sheer enthusiasm. I was like a man possessed. To this day, there's no way I could knock out that many scripts in 6 months! Aaah, youth :) In an ideal world, I'd have had more time to focus and break-down the big two-parters I wrote (particularly the ending), and the internet has evolved to a point where actual webcam meetings with the writers would have solved a lot of issues!

I'm still quite happy with Blood & Water and The First Prophet, though. And the others are entertaining, if you don't critique too much!

Anyway, hopefully people still stop by this board and will read this. Maybe in another 9 years, like I proved today? :) To everyone who was involved in helping create VS4, the readers through the years, and MM fans in general -- thank you.

-- Dan Owen

P.S - I did debate doing a VS5 sometime in 2002 and regroup the team, but VS4's last scene was just too final. It's best to leave Frank and Jordan alone, I thought. Plus, my hand still shakes when I think about the workload. Oh, and it looks like some others guys have ploughed on with a fifth season now anyway... :)

• Elders (Admins)

Dan, great to hear from you! We're still keeping the home fire's burning for VS-4, Frank and Millennium, there are new viewers to the show everyday now its on TV again and DVD. The team behind VS5 did a wonderful job, extremely professional. Check out the VS-5 blog for more insight, its a must read. Some fans here are working away on VS6 as we speak!

Don't be a stranger!

Guest Dan Owen

I'll certainly dip in and out occassionally, but VS4 and Millennium seem a long time ago now :) But I'm glad there's still some passion burning and a few fansites left standing in testament to the show and VS4.

I'll certainly dip in and out occassionally, but VS4 and Millennium seem a long time ago now :) But I'm glad there's still some passion burning and a few fansites left standing in testament to the show and VS4.

Hi Dan

Come and look at what we're doing on VS6, we'd appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers

baz

Guest Dan Owen

I've been offered the chance to have a look-see at VS6, but I don't have the time or inclination to participate, I'm afraid. Feel free to send me the code so I can have a browse around, though :) Promise not to spill any beans!