"Here's my thing.." Lara Means fan-made movie project.

Rate this topic

Hi angel,

*Here's my thing*

The freemasons are largely innocuous despite sensationalist conspiracy theories to the contrary and I would be wary of using them simply because they occupy popular culture as mythic bad guys and Millennium never played it so obvious. The freemasons have become the modern bogeyman or boogey monster in that they are depicted as the route cause of mankind's ills in the same way as anti-Semitic groups would have us all believe that Zionist uber-governments rule the world. If you're intending this to have mass appeal you should consider that freemasonry doesn't strike an ominous chord with people given to researching such things, the Millennium Group, albeit mythical, should serve the purpose of antagonist without the need to leech urban mythology.

I adore the idea of this being written as a visual-letter, an archive of one woman's endeavors but I would stay clear of using Frank as the recipient. Regardless of our undying adoration of Frank he had a casual approach to anyone outside of the Black family nexus. He largely abandoned Lara, as far as we know, never uttering her name again and was verbally dismissive of Hollis to her face proclaiming his lack of interest in her decision to join the Group. Having Lara search for a man who left her behind quite casually would, to my mind, demean her as a character and it would be much more empowering to have her seek revenge for her sufferings at the hands of the Group than pandering after a man who moved on from her without any hesitation.

I have submitted an application to Kristen's fan club, should have done it years ago, and should I be accepted I hope to promote this project and encourage Lara lovers to jump on board.

If there happens to be a steady stream of brainstorming you might want to consider a password protected forum such as the Virtual Season's employ in order that information be kept as a surprise.

I must say I find this all really exciting.

Best wishes,

Eth

Hmmmm...... Well, I do see what you mean. Though I wasn't really going for the long-lost-love approach. It was more aimed at a new group of people, trying to rekindle what was GOOD about the Millennium group, and thus seeking 2 members with the most pure of hearts. As the Old Man said once.... "We're all that's left of the group".

No worries.... This is the time for kicking around ideas, and though I loath the thought of another password-protected board (tends to end up lost in the shuffle, unless we gather a BUNCH of interested people early on), I would rather not spoil things for the vast majority either.

As for the Masons..... Maybe I'll put you in touch with a friend of mine from Canada sometime!

She has a fan club??? Please feel free to post the URL. I've been interested in what she's been doing since Millennium for years!!!

Let's keep tossing stuff around and see what bubbles to the surface.....

But, I'd like a show of hands :hiya: to see who's on board, so we'll know who to contact with a password. (I'll have to dust off topic/forum making mental notes, so that I'll remember how to set this up with a password! :w00t: )

Here's another idea....this taken from real life. As some of you know, I've been involved with information-gathering on a murder case that occured in this state in 1996. I'm in regular contact with the man behind bars, who swears he didn't do it. The story behind what led his wife to be murdered, and ended him up in prison for it is quite an interesting story of it's own! Full of conspiracies, more murders to cover the truth, etc.

Thoughts?

it would be much more empowering to have her seek revenge for her sufferings at the hands of the Group

I really like this idea as well. Though we must take into account the lack of funds, or a huge cast that would represent the group.... Unless you had another course in mind?

And, I guess I just keep coming back to the Guidestones, because, quite frankly, it would simply be a VERY cool place to shoot several scenes at!

On a side note.... When Terry and I were house-hunting recently, we went through the gutted remains of a house that someone was remodeling, and then ran out of money. I found a Polaroid of a young woman with dark hair, that seemed to be snapped of her rather at the spur of the moment. The date read a few days before Christmas, 2004. She's very pretty, and it seems to capture the essence of a young woman, clad in a simple tee-shirt, just *chillin* on the couch, who was surprised to have her picture suddenly taken. It just spoke to be as a movie prop. Like the last photo taken of a woman before she went missing, or something. I've been trying to weave a story around that, too.

Can anyone tell I have too much going on in my head?? :w00t:

Here's my thing.

I'm not trying to deviate you from your course but my thinking is that by throwing as many irons in the fire as possible it will generate at least germs of ideas you might like.

One possible way of combining your own story as a freelance investigator with your ideas could be to tell Lara's story through the eyes of another. How about depicting the protagonist as an investigative journalist who is seeking to uncover the truth about the Millennium Group and is led to the possibility of a lone survivor of its decimation in the shape of Lara Means. The 'film' in essence could be a record of one woman's attempts to uncover the truth behind the Group and find the woman who may hold all the answers.

I was also wondering, given the XF-Millennium hints that the Group is all but gone, that you could udepict the Guidestones as a mass grave in the same way that small stone obelisks were used to represent individual graves in 'Beware of the Dog'. My thinking being that this woman uncovers evidence of either the mass slaughter or suicide of members of the Rooster faction after their prophecies proved inaccurate at the turn of the Millennium.

What do you think?

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Sheree Dawn

I am ALL in, and here's my thing...

I might be of more practical use--whether it be acting, consulting, what have you. I see you are from Georgia; I am right across the way from you in North Carolina. I would love to be part of the film.

I like the Mason thing, personally. I know people who were/or are part of the group. They're good people, but there are those who think there is something sinister about it. And that's the way the MM group was presented. It could go back to something revolving around the Christ. Direct descendants, not from his relationship with the Magdalene, but from a sibling.

Just let me know.

This IS who we are.

Guest Sheree Dawn

as an added thought regarding titles, or subtitles, consider my sig, a line taken from Eth's creation.

A New Dawn

That's great news Sheree and I'm sure Erin will appreciate having input from someone who's near to her :)

This is just a little whimsy that has been germinating in the grey matter. Given that the narrative is going to have been respectful of budget constraints I wondered how the angelic visions could be portrayed with little effort. I proffer that such a thing is probably not all that difficult to do with tools like Premiere but given that none of us so far allied with project know how we need something a little more organic.

As I recall the manifestation of the angel always followed the same format, first Lara became illuminated followed by a full manifestation of the angel. I suppose Lara's visions could be depicted solely by illuminating her and have her respond with trademark dread, cognisant viewers would know that she was perceiving the angel without it actually having to be depicted.

It's always worth noting though that it was asserted her angel had abandoned her although she was developing precognitive abilities as well so the angel thing may be a moot point after all.

Best wishes,

Eth

EDIT Just to throw a further suggestion for a title. I always wanted to do a 'Means' project entitled 'Enochia'. Enochia is a name often applied to an occult or angelic language recorded in the private journals of Dr. John Dee and his seer Edward Kelley in the late 16th century. The men claimed that it was revealed to them by angels. Enochian Magick is a system still used to date which is said to allow the practitioner to converse with the angels in their native tongue. Hunkum and Bunkum most likely but still a word I find quite intriguing.

Guest Sheree Dawn

As I recall the manifestation of the angel always followed the same format, first Lara became illuminated followed by a full manifestation of the angel. I suppose Lara's visions could be depicted solely by illuminating her and have her respond with trademark dread, cognisant viewers would know that she was perceiving the angel without it actually having to be depicted.

So we don't have the illuminating effects FOX did, we could just put the angel in a robe of white or purple; purple is a holy color in some circles. Or clothing of all that color, as long as everything is the same. And have it perhaps shown in a way that the other people in the shot don't see the angel present. I remember how things were in "Touched By An Angel"

Here's my thing.

I'm not trying to deviate you from your course but my thinking is that by throwing as many irons in the fire as possible it will generate at least germs of ideas you might like.

One possible way of combining your own story as a freelance investigator with your ideas could be to tell Lara's story through the eyes of another. How about depicting the protagonist as an investigative journalist who is seeking to uncover the truth about the Millennium Group and is led to the possibility of a lone survivor of its decimation in the shape of Lara Means. The 'film' in essence could be a record of one woman's attempts to uncover the truth behind the Group and find the woman who may hold all the answers.

I was also wondering, given the XF-Millennium hints that the Group is all but gone, that you could udepict the Guidestones as a mass grave in the same way that small stone obelisks were used to represent individual graves in 'Beware of the Dog'. My thinking being that this woman uncovers evidence of either the mass slaughter or suicide of members of the Rooster faction after their prophecies proved inaccurate at the turn of the Millennium.

What do you think?

Best wishes,

Eth

What a wonderful brainstorming session!!! :clapping: :clapping:

"Here's my thing..."

I won't say what we settle on here. I'll wait till we have a password protected forum so as not to spoil this for others. But, I do want to say there are some really great ideas here, and this could be really f*ing cool both to write, to film, and to see when it's finally done! :swingin:

Don't worry..... No zombies! :nahah::censored: