"Here's my thing.." Lara Means fan-made movie project.

Rate this topic

Guest Sheree Dawn
This is going to sound really geeky.......

I wouldn't like to to be honest as I've never been comfortable with the dramatic arts and it really isn't a thing I derive any pleasure from, it was anathema to me at school and has remained so. I love writing and the visual arts but I have never been very adept at expressing myself in a perfomance sense, I even avoid Karaoke like it's the Marburg Virus. As I will support it in every way I can how's about this? My brother on the other hand is an all round 'out there' kinda chap who adores being the centre of attention and I am sure he would let me film him in a few scenes if such a need arises? That would be something both of us would enjoy and play to my create abilities and his perfoming skills.

Is that of any help?

it's hardly "geeky" of you. As for avoiding Karaoke, I do that also; it tends to make most people look like idiots. It seems the people you see enjoying performing like that the most are the people who have the least talent.

My apologies to the TIWWA members who love Karaoke.

I learned my lesson when I recorded a CD for my husband one time. I didn't know it, but you could hear me singing outside the booth. I got some strange looks and afterwards, when I listened to the CD, I understood why.

As for your brother, that would be fine if he's willing. You can still be involved in other creative ways.

Well I've phoned him, his names is James by the way, and he's very willing. His friend Lisa, who is a singer by trade but has acted also, has said she will film a few scenes should another lady be required.

Leaves me to get on with much more creative endeavours :)

Eth

This is going to sound really geeky.......

I wouldn't like to to be honest as I've never been comfortable with the dramatic arts and it really isn't a thing I derive any pleasure from, it was anathema to me at school and has remained so. I love writing and the visual arts but I have never been very adept at expressing myself in a perfomance sense, I even avoid Karaoke like it's the Marburg Virus. As I will support it in every way I can how's about this? My brother on the other hand is an all round 'out there' kinda chap who adores being the centre of attention and I am sure he would let me film him in a few scenes if such a need arises? That would be something both of us would enjoy and play to my create abilities and his perfoming skills.

Is that of any help?

That's a fair compromise. I wouldn't want you to do anything you find so distasteful. I only suggested it, since often people are far too hard on themselves, and while they are really interested in doing something like this, their self-consciouness prevents them from getting involved in what could be a fun and rewarding experience. You do what makes you happy.....and if your brother is interested, let me know and we'll see what we can work in for him. If he looks anything like you, I'm sure this will be an instant hit with women viewers! :bigsmile:

While typing this, I see you 2 are still busy talking as well. (geeze, I'm slow! :tongue: )

I swear..... I'd better get cracking on an outline ASAP!!! :eyes::kickin:

Do we need to move this into the 'Virtuals' forum Erin given that we are progressing to more serious brainstorming. We can still leave it password free for a while to see if any other offers of assistance are forthcoming with a view to locking it once we begin serious discussion?

Eth

Hi Erin

I'd be happy to help out another MM project as much as possible. I do storyboards as one of my day jobs, so it could help you plan out the shooting schedule between cast, crew and locations, especially if they some distance away, and that way you have some continuity of style between shots.

Storywise what you suggested of investigating the unsolved murder in 1996, Lara losing and/or finding her angel again, having her released from the mental hospital trying to come to terms with losing her career and herself in the pre-millennium hysteria, is fertile ground for a story. Just as a suggestion, and to use the different people doing different pieces of film, is have one set of people doing the investigation, and another on Lara herself, interconnecting the two stories. But I think the idea of someone being essentially deprogrammed or freed from a cult, as what the Group became, and they adjust to a new world outside of the beliefs they were brainwashed with, is very powerful.

baz

Edited by ENGINECOMICS

To ethsnafu...

I'd thought of moving this discussion to the Virtual forums, but wasn't sure if it would seem disrespectful, or break up the continuity of the board, considering this will not be a "Virtual season". I've PMed Graham, but, being he is quite busy and it is a weekend, I don't expect to hear back for a few days.

As this discussion is progressing much faster than I'd anticipated, I may just try starting a password protected forum in the Virtual seasons section, with Graham having the option to move it anywhere he sees fit. I'll PM each of you with a password.

To "EngineComics".... I'm just thrilled that you're interested as well!!! I wasn't sure if the unsolved murder from 1996 would be something I should include at first, since I hadn't quite decided if this should be more of a season 1 crime drama, or a season 2 spiritual drama, but I'd love it if the two could work together. The case I'm referring to is one I discovered last year, and it's begun to draw me back into a passion/ability I thought I'd lost. Forming the movie around this would be personally rewarding both emotionally and spiritually, and hopefully be a quality piece of work at the same time.

Also, that's an excellent way of explaining the different looks to the film. IF enough other people have recording devices, like a digital camera or something better, that would be a great way to work around our distances from each other. But, I'll need to know just how MANY people who want to record/act scenes themselves to submit are interested, before I start the outline of the story in that way.

As for her "recovery", I hadn't decided yet is she should be in a mental hospital, or just have secluded herself away in a house, interacting with no one....like she's agoraphobic or something. (not saying I want to make her agoraphobic, just that it would appear that way, with a life of seclusion.)

I think the Virtual forum is the best place to house this given that it has moved beyond an announced 'intention' and is now taking the form of a virtual fan production but I agree, we should let Graham consider where best to house this.

I am SO excited that Baz is with us on this, I know how instrumental he has been in shaping the direction of Millennium VS6 and how invaluable his knowledge of plotting is and thank him for the kind donation of his time given that he must be an extremely busy chap.

On Erin's earlier mention of Lara's gift...

As I stated the narrative did depict her angel leaving her for reason's that have never been utterly clear but Anamnesis did show a development in her facility in that she received 'symbolic' visions, in the form of the apocalyptic horses, forewarning her of the upcoming events of the Season's finale. I am very content with the notion of this being explored and having Lara's ability grow to incorporate an ability similar to Franks. The depiction of her facility as visions rather than the physical embodiment of an angel would remove some of the problems of recreating such a thing. Creating abstract shots of surreal images would be far easier than having someone dress up as an angel and making such a scene seem impressive.

A young Clive Barker, creator of Hellraiser, created two short films known as Salome and The Forbidden. He did this as a young man, with a few friends and no budget a long time before he became a serious writer and producer. Using simple effects he created an incredibly powerful, surreal universe that would be easy to replicate and one that I would be more than happy to play with in shooting 'visions' scenes.

I have these films of DVD and if anyone is interested I can rip, upload and share off site.

I have also emailed my chum Zachary who is in a metal/goth band to see if they would be interested in submitting tracks for use in the soundtrack. If they have material to donate I will upload for discussion.

As for this thread moving quicker than expected..that's what happens when you produce a gem of an idea angel :)

Let's make movies,

Eth

Hi Eth and Erin,

Thanks for the kind words. Happy to help out anyway I can.

I wasn't sure if the unsolved murder from 1996 would be something I should include at first, since I hadn't quite decided if this should be more of a season 1 crime drama, or a season 2 spiritual drama, but I'd love it if the two could work together. The case I'm referring to is one I discovered last year, and it's begun to draw me back into a passion/ability I thought I'd lost. Forming the movie around this would be personally rewarding both emotionally and spiritually, and hopefully be a quality piece of work at the same time.

The main thing is that you are passionate about it. Doing anything creative should simply be driven by that passion. It shows in the end result. I would say that there is no reason, if this is to be a one off and not related to Frank at all, to be tied to a previous seasons tone. It should be its own thing, It should be your own vision of the character and of the story, and not feel the need to imagine Chris Carter on your shoulder. Whether you feel it is more a spiritural or procedural approach thats up to what works best for what you're trying to say with the piece.

Also, that's an excellent way of explaining the different looks to the film. IF enough other people have recording devices, like a digital camera or something better, that would be a great way to work around our distances from each other. But, I'll need to know just how MANY people who want to record/act scenes themselves to submit are interested, before I start the outline of the story in that way.

As for her "recovery", I hadn't decided yet is she should be in a mental hospital, or just have secluded herself away in a house, interacting with no one....like she's agoraphobic or something. (not saying I want to make her agoraphobic, just that it would appear that way, with a life of seclusion.)

Edited by ENGINECOMICS