Harsh Realm out this summer

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

It should be in widescreen in both versions as when Harsh Realm had it's first 3 episodes premiered before it got cancelled in October '99 that was part of the 1999-2000 season. TXF's seventh season was it's third season to be filmed in widescreen so it should be the same for HR.

• 1 month later...
Guest WaveCrest

When I was expecting to see the MM menu screen for Marantha and Paper Dove appear first on Disc 6 as with discs 1-5, ads for Millennium's three seasons coming out on DVD this year and Harsh Realm appeared. Liked the MM trailer but it was Harsh Realm I was most interested in out of the two because it would be the first time I would have seen moving footage from the series.

Comments? Looks quite good from the trailers. Could be dull like said in the SFX review in their latest issue but until I've seen the 9 episodes I can't totally agree with that.

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest se7en

....unfortunately, for me, saying that i found it unwatchable is the only kind thing i can say about it.

...it tried doing too many things at once and ended up failing in virtually all of them. with the acting-cast and production being the only exceptions for me.

...great cast and all but...................not for me.

se7en :ouro:

Guest Regan MacNeil

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really liked Harsh Realm. Pilot and Kein Ausgang were the two best episodes. It's hard to judge, because it only lasted nine episodes, but I started liking it right away. The only problem I had with it was that it focused too much on the military and "techno-babble" (computer language like "gigabytes" and "zip files" etc.) aspects and not enough on weird, sci-fi ideas. I will say that it's not nearly as good as The X-Files or Millennium, but I think it was WAY better than Lone Gunmen, I HATED that show. :bigsmile: