Harsh Realm out this summer

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming
THAT'S the picture I had been hoping was on the U.S. cover. I have a Harsh Realm shirt with that same picture of Tom Hobbes on the slab with a doctor flashing a light in his eye. I always thought that was the coolest picture from the show.

I agree! I hope that's the artwork we see for it.

FOX has announced the region one release of Harsh Realm will be released on August 17 in North America. SRP- $29.98

https://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4012&n=1&burl=

details:

1.33:1 full screen transfers, the set will include English and French Dolby Surround tracks, an audio commentary on the pilot episode by Chris Carter and Dan Sackheim, an Inside The Harsh Realm featurette, a Creating the Logo and Title Sequence featurette, FBC Pilot TV Spots entitled World, Moment, and Head Trip, FX TV Spots entitled FX Premiere and Review Spot

I hope the transfer listed is wrong since the R2 release says the eps will be in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen. I would be mad if we got 1.33:1 full frame and the UK got the widescreen versions.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Edited by voidprime

Guest Regan MacNeil

Maybe someone at Fox just screwed up and SAID it would be full screen when in fact it is widescreen. I can't imagine why they wouldn't put it in widescreen if that's how it was filmed. Plus, it wouldn't be the first time someone at Fox didn't know what they were talking about. I HOPE it's just a typo. :praying:

Guest Second Coming

Well it looks like it is going to be in full frame. The digitalbits is reporting that full frame was how it was originally filmed.

In terms of DVD release news today, you'll be pleased to know that 20th Century Fox has officially announced Chris Carter's Harsh Realm: The Complete Series for 8/24 (SRP $39.98). The 3-disc set will include all 9 episodes of the series in their original full frame aspect ratio, with Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround audio. This includes the 6 episodes that were never shown on Fox. The pilot episode will feature audio commentary by Chris Carter and Dan Sackheim. Extras will include the Inside the Harsh Realm and Creating the Logo and Title Sequence featurettes, TV spots for the pilot, as well as FX premiere and review spots, and preview trailers for other Fox titles.

Guest Second Coming

Here's what a guy on dvdfile.com told me:

Having actually seen Harsh realm film being transferred I can guarantee you that it was framed for 1.78 aspect ratio. It was probably only ever broadcast in 1.33 however.