The Mikado

The Curse of Frank Black

• 3 months later...

Somehow Satan Got Behind Me

The Mikado

Room With No View

Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense

The Curse of Frank Black

I really missed alot of little things the first time I watched during the original run. Now with the dvds I have found I like most if not all the episodes from this season. When it first ran I thought it was going off track and didn't think that much of the second season. Times change and so does my taste I guess.

Guest Jim McLean

Season Two was a diverse beast offering some diverse great stories!

Room With No View - truly a disturbing piece of horror.

Midnight of the Century - Haunting, to put it simply.

The Curse of Frank Black - spooky, well executed Halloween episode.

Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense - Not usually my cup of tea, but a good funny twist on the show.

The Time Is Now - Nail biting, horrific stuff.

Whoo *in season two heaven*

A Room With No View - Sarah-Jane at her finest, malign, saturnine, a sexual predator and a subzero master of Neuro-linguistic programming. The devil is the detail and the detail is just perfect.

Anamnesis - Ambiguity, gnosticism, the feminine divine and Lara's showcase, a delicious cocktail of mythology and theology and one of the most indelible Millennium music-track-moments in playing it off against a Patti Smith track.

The Curse of Frank Black - empyreal and unorthodox and containing some delicious visuals that have you savouring the texture, colour and scent of what you are viewing. Crocell? Just sublime.

Owls/Roosters - Flawed and often the recipient of pernicious feedback but created a whole mythology that inspired much of the identity of TIWWA as well as inspiring some of the most engaging debates I have ever had the privilege to be part of.

The Time is Now - Magical, horrific, apocalyptic and one which has never been bettered as a finale in my opinion. There has to be a morsel of personality disorder present if this does not affect the viewer. All hail!

Midnight of the Century - Just spellbinding, Christmas, death, shades and specters - that perfect meld of kitsch and profundity and a real homage to the countless supernatural Christmas tales that M&W are so enamored of.

Just five is a bit limiting to be honest so I picked six:) but that's my 'six' at least for now.

Best wishes,

Eth

Agreed Model,

Jose Chung is just wonderful, a very polished piece of mirth. Darin Morgan is like Haley's Comet, the odd brief appearance but boy is it stellar. I do wish he would work a little more though and I often wonder what would ensure if he ever created a franchise of his own.

Best wishes,

Eth