Top 5 Episodes you would rather avoid

Rate this topic

Guest Bono

Guest Laurent.
I feel a need to add this: I love Millennium, all of it. Any episode of any season touches my heart more than anything else that's been made for TV, even though there are some episodes that didn't, in my personal opinion, reach the brilliant level of those that I happen to cherish most.

Well said; some just happen to be of lesser entertainment value (while some like Human Essence are of lesser brilliance, but that is another debate).

I think that is the problem with Beware of the Dog; it's less entertaining than some episodes (even though the first half is full of that old horror movie atmosphere), but I think that what lies therein is great anyway.

Guest betweenthelines

'19:19'

'Sense and Antisense'

'A Single Blade of Grass'

'In Arcadia Ego'

Can't pick a fifth one . . . I'm stuck between 'Beware of the Dog' and 'Siren'. I should also add that the only episode I really dislike is '19:19'. The other ones I don't really mind all that much; it's just that I've seen better.

Guest the_judge

Im suprised to see The Pest House getting so many votes, I enjoyed that episode.

Beware The Dog (probably my least favorite Millennium episode ever)

Sense and Anti-sense

Anamnesis

In Arcadia Ego

Luminary (I expect to take alot of criticism for this one!)

• 1 month later...
Guest Selenolycus
Luminary (I expect to take alot of criticism for this one!)

Out of curiosity, what'd you dislike about Luminary?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jim McLean

19:19 - again, as with the X-Files it plays out the "it's really a scientific phenomena", then goes "or is it?- ahhhhhhh!" and expects the audience to carry some shock and awe at how smart the show was. Too contrived for me.

Single Blade Of Grass - out of sync, predictable and indulgent.

Beware of the Dog - May have mythological significance, but plays like an episode of the X-Files.

Sense and Anti-sense - It's just messy, half baked and too X-Files again.

Don't think there is a fifth. The rest are all highly enjoyable (and the ones above aren't terrible, just not as good as I'd like).

Guest Laurent.

I think Sense and Antisense just wasn't given enough time; both length-wise and in terms of conception to develop everything it aimed for. I think Chip said somewhere that he had written this one almost as a two-parter... then he had to cut some for the length and more for censorship because of the issues of racism and the sensibility about Rwanda's genocide. I thought it was a great show, definitely different than all other MM episodes, and maybe more X-Filish like Laredo said.

• 4 weeks later...

19:19 just made me twitch in my seat with slight boredom...

I only enjoyed Beware of the Dog because we get to meet the Old Man... the rest of it really did seem like an X-Files episode.

I enjoyed season one and practically all of season two. Wasn't a big fan of season three just cause I didn't like Emma for the most part *waits to be hit by some hate mail*

• 2 months later...

My five, in no particular order:

1. Anamnesis

2. In Arcadia ego

3. Siren

4. A room with no view

5. Somehow, the devil got behind me

I chose based on the ones I watch least more than on which were the worst. I don't think there were any really bad episodes.

Guest The Robin

I loved Season 2 and i can probably only name 3 episodes that I didn't like:

Sense and Antisense

A Single Blade of Grass

ANAMNESIS: No Frank in the episode! I only watch the show because of Lance Henriksen and he's not in the episode. But we do get to see the tension between Lara Means and Cathrine.

And to add I think they focused too much on religion in S2 than the stuff that worked in S1 which was the sci-fi-ish factors and everything.