Top 5 Episodes you would rather avoid

Rate this topic

Guest Bono

Guest frankblack13

eth: I hated that doctor in the pest house episode, she reminded me of a doctor that I had that seemed like she only cared about money than taking care of patients I was sort of hoping that the dr in that episode would get killed off devil_01.gif

I just added another episode I would avoid, the well worn lock! that episode was so gross and so wrong on sooo many levels it kind of felt like a lame ass lifetime movie also

I guess the "passion" didn't feel as natural to me and I didn't think it came off as well as I expected it to. Not to put my hobby before my profession too quickly, but the issue seemed like more of a blatent plot device, which stopped being an issue, and then re-became an issue, when the physician became upset with the process. Maybe if was a little more subtile, but that's just an opinion.

I think that's a hall-mark of Morgan and Wong's writing to be honest. Much like Who's RTD they paint their guest characters in such broad strokes so as to have the audience identify with the character (and appreciate their motivations) as quickly and as easily as possible. The downside to this is that sometimes, as you state here, it comes across as a little OTT and disingenuous but when they get it right it works wonderfully.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is about 'Pest House' that I don't appreciate as much as other episodes save to say that it is one of the least watched form me from the second season. I think compared to other episodes in the second season it lacks some of the heart that defines those episodes. It just feels a little flat and a little disengaging.

You can't win 'em all I guess.

M x

As much as it sounded like I complained a lot about The Pest House, I think the season two episodes were better on the whole than the other seasons. In other words, I think the Pest House is a better "stinker" than the weak episodes of the other seasons. Though I will preface that by saying that I personally like episodes like Beware of the Dog, A Single Blade of Grass and The Hand Of Saint Sabastian, which do not appear to be looked upon by others as highly as I do!

But hey, where would life be without a variety of favorites!

Toodle-Pip!

(James is rubbing off on me!)

You'll get no argument from me at all. Season Two is most definitely my favourite season of the show and the episodes you mention raise no issues with me either. "Beware Of The Dog", in particular, is one of the episodes I enjoy immensely and it's a superb mythology episode and those tend to be the ones I enjoy the most.

I think when it comes to ranking things 'the least enjoyable' I always find it terribly difficult because I don't 'not enjoy' any of them, I may appreciate some less than others but overall Millennium ranks as superb television whether it's a hit or miss episode.

Eth