Fencewalker

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

I was wandering from website to website yesterday and I ended up on Chris Carter's IMDB page and there is a forum discussion where people from Carter's hometown of Bellflower state that he is currently shooting a movie there. The movie is being referred to by the extras as "Fence Walkers" and someone raised an interesting question. He could be secretly filming the "final shocking scene" of the XF2 away from the actual shoot of the movie to be sure that nothing is being "spied on" and end up going public; it wouldn't be that surprising with all the secrecy surrounding the actual filming.

I don't think it is possible that he is actually shooting a new movie. As far as I understood it, the two other projects he had in development were The World of Ted Serios and A Philosophical Investigation.

The last option is that none of this is true, and I should know better than to trust everything I read on the net! :doh:

Hi gang,

Laran you are a star to bring our attention to this and it seems numerous residents of Bellflower are indeed stating that filming is taking place at the moment. One of the last chaps to post on this issue notes that they were told the title is a 'cover' for The X-Files but is it likely that additional footage is shot after a movie has wrapped? Could it be for a DVD exra or something.

I only hope and pray that there is some truth in what Orodromeus says.

Best wishes,

Eth

One of the last chaps to post on this issue notes that they were told the title is a 'cover' for The X-Files but is it likely that additional footage is shot after a movie has wrapped?

Anything can happen before the release. He's the director, he can structure his schedule as he wants. And re-shoots are not uncommon: a shot that didn't seem necessary at the time of principal production, corrupted footage, rewrites of scenes, a number of reasons... And secrecy is one of those reasons! The only thing that's bugging me is that if the scene in question is from XF2 and is supposed to be secret, then it must involve Mulder & Scully -- it wouldn't be much useful to keep it a secret if it concerned characters whose stakes we know nothing about. And Gillian Anderson is in London right now. Maybe another character? Doggett? Where is Lance right now?

• Elders (Moderators)

I'm being my usual sceptic here. Those reports talk about filming during the day, external shots, in California, so how would that fit in with XF2 which was shot in Vancouver in the snow?

And they talk about it being a movie with extras, so it doesn't sound like another documentary about CC. (A doco was done about him some years ago.)

All in all, I'm sceptical about thisl. I haven't seen it mentioned on XF-focussed boards. Perhaps I could try asking over at the Haven, as people there seem to be pretty savvy about what's going on.

The last I knew for certain with regards to Lance's activities was he was in California filming 'The Slammin' Salmon' but I believe that wrapped late February. Beyond that I really don't know.

Thank you for the info with regrads to filming. My knowledge of film and television production is virtually nill so I always rely on others for info like that.

Best wishes,

Eth

PS Anything you could find out would be wonderful Libby :)

• Elders (Moderators)

PS Anything you could find out would be wonderful Libby :)

Well, I'll have to try one of the other XF boards. Haven has been hacked again. I don't know how many times that's happened in the last couple of years or so. All posts have been wiped. It's the same hacker who's done it before. I really don't understand people who do things like that. :furious:

I feel really sorry for the Haven admin person (there's only one) who will now have to clean up the mess and try and restore the board from his backup.

Guest Laurent.
Could it be for a DVD exra or something.

It could be for some dvd extras as Spotnitz and Carter have stated that the dvd package would be impressive.

Those reports talk about filming during the day, external shots, in California, so how would that fit in with XF2 which was shot in Vancouver in the snow?

I don't think it is weird at all. The first movie had scenes in both Washington, Antartica and Tunisia.