Fencewalker

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Wow,

This is indeed a scoop. A horror film is enticing me more than the prospect of a Carter penned comedy and whilst I have not heard of Nashawn Kearse your mention of a couple of black actors being involved rings true with what was reported from Bellflower when residents observed a largely black cast for the aerobics scene.

This is shaping up to be something of immense interest for me.

How exactly did you uncover all this out Joe?

Best wishes,

Eth

Wow,

This is indeed a scoop. A horror film is enticing me more than the prospect of a Carter penned comedy and whilst I have not heard of Nashawn Kearse your mention of a couple of black actors being involved rings true with what was reported from Bellflower when residents observed a largely black cast for the aerobics scene.

This is shaping up to be something of immense interest for me.

How exactly did you uncover all this out Joe?

Best wishes,

Eth

at Imdb under Chris Carter, look through all post messages. i weeded out what seems to be more credible from others. alot of local Bellflower people are doing the postings

Guest Laurent.

I don't know if we should believe the actors or Bellflower's residents...

Trust no one.

P.S. I'd prefer a horror movie though... not sure why; but I think Carter is a lot superior in horror than in comedy.

This was posted on XFU message board by Thesupply:

"I was on set of Fence Walker on 6/19 at a high school graduation scene shot in bellflower, ca. from what i can tell the movie will have some racial undertones. the main character is a young black man who appears to be dating katie cassidy's character. CC seemed pleased to be in his hometown filming at the place where he himself graduated high school. word on the set was that filming would wrap on sunday."

:alien2:

Hi Blackoil,

Many thanks for sharing the news. I wonder if Katie is the 'Fencewalker' referred to in the title. If the movie is set against a background of racial divisions in dating a black man she could be the one who decides not to side with either side of the division but to adopt a neutral stance. As she is playing the wife of a presidential candidate I wonder how long it will be before someone draws a link to the historic position in America at the moment with the nation poised on the brink of a possible Black President. Actually it didn't take long as I've just done it lol.

Sounds very interesting...

Best wishs,

Eth

Guest Laurent.

Just a parentheses to the current discussion:

Have we considered the possibility that this could be the independent Lone Gunmen movie that Dean Haglund mentionned a while ago? It kind of fits (except that there isn't a single mention of the trio). I'm just basing this hypotheses on two things: it's not backed up by any studio yet and nobody's sure if it is a horror/comedy or even a political movie, which fits the tone of the Gunmen!

My guts tell me this is a new project, unlike any of Carter's precedent work. But I just thought I should at least mention this possibility.