Fencewalker

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

laran, good point about Xzibit's tight schedule and cameos by Lance and Gillian. Right now we can only guess (and I like it ;)) Let's see in few months.

I wonder there's our dear spy, alby25? :) Can't wait to see new photos from the set.

Eth, these are some good points about the backdoor-pilot! It would explain that this is low-budget and it's gone somewhat unnoticed. If it proves to be a TV-movie that could be used as a backdoor-pilot, I'd be even more intrigued!

Actually back during Carter's hiatus I was thinking that the best direction the X-Files franchise could take is a series of TV or direct-to-DVD movies. Not a series or mini-series, but some (2-3 not many more) movies, to wrap up the mythology properly if they insist on that. I really can't see a mythology-oriented movie getting greenlit for the big screen, its target audience is really too small and I can't see how they could simplify it for the newcomers. Direct-to-DVD movies are becoming quite common: Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1 are doing it, and japanimé have been doing it for years. I think it's a good direction. It's still possible that "Fencewalker" is such an X-File movie featuring Xzibit to be released around the time of XF2.

Guest Laurent.

edit: warning; possible Fence Walker spoiler (although I hope it's not)

Orodromeus,

If it is indeed a XF related project, I wonder how that "Xzibit vs areobic girls scene" will fit in. I guess I could come up with something not too far stretch that would make sense..... :fool:

edit: To those who might wonder what the hell I'm talking about; go back and read the second page of the discussion for more information.

Orodromeus,

If it is indeed a XF related project, I wonder how that "Xzibit vs areobic girls" will fit in. I guess I could come up with something not too far stretch that would make sense..... :fool:

Err...how does anything that CC has done so far fit with "Xzibit with aerobic girls" anyway? :scratches head:

• Elders (Moderators)

A couple of things are puzzling me:

There's not much talk about this filming to be found on other forums. The Haven and XF Ultimate have discussed it, though not to any great extent. I don't think I've seen any mention on the official forum. I have to say that as far as the Haven is concerned, that's probably because M&S aren't involved, and it's very much a shipper forum. They don't seem to have really picked up the fact that if CC is busy on something else then he's not focussed on XF2, so why aren't they complaining about that?

And also, where's the funding coming from? From spoilers about this film, it's not something to do with XF2 DVD extras, so is this another deal with Fox, which might explain the fairly low budget for XF2. In which case, I'd expect a lot of complaining about that. Although if it's an indie, CC could be funding it himself.

I'm not complaining about this new venture, just wondering why all the people I'd expect to be jumping up and down and bashing Carter, as they have done for so long, have said very little - it's like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I think I'll have to stop reading those other forums, just browse them, and rely on others here to pass along any news.

I have to say that as far as the Haven is concerned, that's probably because M&S aren't involved, and it's very much a shipper forum.

Yeah, I agree. There's no buzz at Haven because Haven people know that David and Gillian completed filming so why do the shippers have to care if Carter and Xzibit are filming something? ;)

And also, where's the funding coming from? From spoilers about this film, it's not something to do with XF2 DVD extras, so is this another deal with Fox, which might explain the fairly low budget for XF2. In which case, I'd expect a lot of complaining about that. Although if it's an indie, CC could be funding it himself.

I think it's an independent movie. There's no announcement from any big (or not so big) studio. There's no attention from press. It seems like a low-budget movie with no big stars and Xzibit is likely doing a cameo. Official Fencewalker site was registered by Chris' company, and usually official sites are registered by big studios. So there's really no indication that Fencewalker has any big studio support.

It's just my thoughts and I can be wrong.

Edited by Blackoil

Guest alby25

Looks like they have "left" town for awhile since there last big shoot, I cant find them anywhere!!! But this maybe due to the fact bellflower just had there annual car show along the main blvd that always attracts alot of people, so maybe they moved to a studio to do some work. Im waiting for those "big white trucks" move into town again...or the orange no parking cones with no parking and dates. They did this same thing before...they vanish for a week or so and come back stronger then ever. Im still on the look out with my camera in hand, when they come back I will be ready with fresh batteries!

Hi gang,

I read an entry on a blog today where the writer commented that the "Fence Walker" project is rumoured to be a working title for a Millennium Movie. Whilst I don't believe this is true given FS's recent comments regarding such a thing has anyone seen evidence of such a rumour existing? As I don't visit the XF boards I am unsure where the writer has encountered such an idea as I can't find any mention of it on the web?

Best wishes,

Eth

Hi eth!

Can you tell me on which blog did you read it?

I haven't seen any true indications that Fencewalker is a cover name for Millennium yet. :) But there's still hope...