Sarah-Jane Redmond to appear on X-Files: I Want To Believe

Rate this topic

TIWWA

• Elders (Moderators)
XFiles2Poster.jpg

The official website of Vancouver-based actress Sarah-Jane Redmond (who of course brought us Millennium's demonic Lucy Butler), has today announced that Sarah-Jane will be seen on-screen during this summer's forthcoming blockbuster X-Files: I Want to Believe. The film's producers have stipulated that the cast and crew members not discuss  any of the film details in order to preserve the characters and plotline.

Meanwhile the official website for the X-File: I Want to Believe is now available containing the film's official trailer, image gallery and release dates.

View the original article

Guest WhiteWolf

Obviously, she's not portraying Lucy Butler, and more than Terry O'Quinn played Peter Watts at the beginning of the first film. But still, I'd really like to know what kind of role she has in it.

• Elders (Moderators)

This is exciting news, even though I assume it's not a major part, otherwise those eagle-eyed people who were scouting out the set would have picked that up, I'm sure.

But if they wanted someone who could play a powerful character, as Sarah-Jane did with Lucy Butler and Inga Fossa (Harsh Realm), they couldn't have chosen anyone better.

My interest in XF2 has waned somewhat lately, but this has quite piqued my interest again. :clapping:

My interest in XF2 has waned somewhat lately, but this has quite piqued my interest again. :clapping:

Same here, the marketing campaign was getting too concentrated around "shippy" elements rather than the story itself for my taste. This casting news is very exciting!

I guess I'm a little dissimilar from you guys as I have had low levels of interest from the off. I was more excited 'for' the Philes not actually being one myself anymore.

This, though, has really tantalised me and has secured my purchase of a ticket. I think it is just superb.

Smiles,

Eth

Did anyone else go through the group of photos from the movie? I noticed the "Oh-so-familiar" "I want to believe" poster again on his wall. But, did anyone notice it looks wrinkled/crumpled? Like he must've dug it out of the trash?

• Elders (Moderators)

The news about Sarah-Jane's appearance in XF2 has reached other boards - Orodromeus and I played a kind of game of tag on one of them, which was fun but Oro got there first! :notworthy:

The responses are very positive. Many people remembered her from XF Schizogeny, some were Millennium fans and recalled her role as Lucy Butler. Many felt that this news was welcomed because they liked the "creepiness" that she does so well, and liked the idea of that creepiness possibly being in the movie.

I wonder, Graham, whether Sarah-Jane would like to know what those responses are. I'm sure Oro and I could gather them together if you wanted to pass them on to her.

• Elders (Admins)
The news about Sarah-Jane's appearance in XF2 has reached other boards - Orodromeus and I played a kind of game of tag on one of them, which was fun but Oro got there first! :notworthy:

The responses are very positive. Many people remembered her from XF Schizogeny, some were Millennium fans and recalled her role as Lucy Butler. Many felt that this news was welcomed because they liked the "creepiness" that she does so well, and liked the idea of that creepiness possibly being in the movie.

I wonder, Graham, whether Sarah-Jane would like to know what those responses are. I'm sure Oro and I could gather them together if you wanted to pass them on to her.

That's a great idea Libby, I'd love to read what other fans are thinking too! Thanks!