Sarah-Jane Redmond to appear on X-Files: I Want To Believe

Rate this topic

TIWWA

Well, I can tell you that this news just made my day yesterday! :clapping: I'm a big fan of Sarah-Jane's work in 1013's shows, I still think that her character in Harsh Realm (Inga Fossa) was the best female character in the show and I am so happy that she will be in the movie! And it proves that Chris Carter never forgets people he likes! ;)

And yes, the responses to this news were really positive. ;) Almost everybody remembers Lucy Batler! :clapping:

I just hope there will be more 1013 alumni in the movie! :notworthy:

And I think it's a really great idea to let Sarah-Jane know that fans are excited to see her in the movie! ;)

Guest Laurent.

Amazing news!

I'd go a bit further and say that Inga Fossa and Lucy Butler were two of the three most amazing female characters ever written by Chris Carter (I just can't leave Scully out)! I hope her character in the movie will be as strong as those and that she'll have the opportunity to bring her best acting to the movie.

Wow you guys really make me want to see Harsh Realm! I guess I'll do that after I finish MLM s3.

No hard feelings eh, Libby? ;)

That's a nice idea for gathering fan reactions. I'm sure such public reception will make Mrs Redmond happy!

i was just reading on a newsletter that Chris Carter says that there will be other X-File Alumni showing their faces also

That's the impression I have as well: behind and in front of the camera, Carter gathers friends and alumni from 1013 and Vancouver. Something like a family reunion, like that iconic panel at Paley Fest with all the long time no see writers/producers! It certainly is comforting for a long-time fan. Let's just hope the final product will live up to it.

I'd go a bit further and say that Inga Fossa and Lucy Butler were two of the three most amazing female characters ever written by Chris Carter (I just can't leave Scully out)!

Hmmm, I think I have to agree with you. :) But I would add Catherine Black and Monica Reyes as well. ;)

I remember Frank Spotnitz once said that they call Terry O'Quinn "Mister 1013." And I would call Sarah-Jane Redmond "Mrs. 1013." ;)

Wow you guys really make me want to see Harsh Realm!

Yes yes yes, you should really give it a try. I highly recommend it. Harsh Realm is so underrated but it is excelent, smart and thought provoking show. Some episodes are just brilliant.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Thomas
But if they wanted someone who could play a powerful character, as Sarah-Jane did with Lucy Butler and Inga Fossa (Harsh Realm), they couldn't have chosen anyone better.

Chemistry. Somehow they - the powers that be - must recognize that we like these particular people and how they work together.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

I was very pleased by the casting of Sarah-Jane Redmond when I read the news on an XF2 news website a few weeks ago. I thought she wouldn't be playing Lucy Butler. It would have hinted at a possible Millennium movie (hope that is still happening) but would have been out of place in this film because the plot that is known about at the moment dosen't have that possible place for Lucy Butler to enter.