X-Files' comic book

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Hi wolves,

I have replied here simply as I did not want to upset the X-Files fans by navigating their thread away from the subject matter.

Hope you dont mind,

Best wishes,

Eth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are some funny quotes from Brian Denham's blog at https://twitter.com/BrianDenham Brian Denham draws new XF comic books.

Drew scary things for X-Files, forgot about it. Came back to my computer after dinner, and scared the hell out of me when I saw it again.

Drawing Mulder's office. Whew! There is a lot of detail in there. Moon Landing picture, universe spiraling above head, bigfoot, face on mars

Holy crap! Just got a letter from Frank Spotnitz thanking me for my work on the X-Files comic...blushing, speechless, honored...whew!

DAMN! Just saw the colored proofs of X-Files #0 and was blown away. Kelsey Shannon's colors are AWESOME.

It wasn't my intention to become a marketing engine. I just wanted to let folks know how badass the X-Files comic will be. :p

After all his words I can't wait to see this comic. ;) It looks like it's already finished. :)

I've been searching for some previews of this and oddly there are none to be found I can only guess this is to prevent spoilers though the odd panel, bereft of lettering doesn't really give too much away. In light of this does anyone know if this is a serialisation of the Movie or a separate entity dealing with an original arc?

Best wishes,

Eth

From Spotnitz's blog:

The comic book publisher Wildstorm is inviting Chris and several other original "X-Files" writers to contribute to the series. I can't confirm when or if they'll actually write issues, but the invitation is out there. They've also got some pretty exciting ideas for new writers and other storylines that I'm sure you'll hear more about in the coming months.

Although I can't tell you specifically when he will make an appearance in the Wildstorm comics, our hope is that Krycek will appear in the stories, along with Skinner, the Cigarette-Smoking Man, the Syndicate, the Lone Gunmen, X and many other characters from those years, such as Melissa Scully and even Agent Pendrell.

I, too, am a huge John Doggett -- and Robert Patrick -- fan, and would love to revisit his character. Unfortunately, the world of "The X-Files" is too fluid right now to serialize in comic books without competing (and conflicting) with the movie. Setting the comic book series in the past allowed us to dramatize the classic Mulder/Scully dynamic, and bring back a number -- if not all -- of the series' most popular characters. I can't begin to predict what medium he might next appear in, but I, too, am hoping we have not seen or heard the last of John Doggett.

And from https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16784

Unlike the movie sequel, set six years after the final episode of “X-Files” aired in 2002, the comic book returns to the scene of the crime, smack dab in the heart of the television series’ storyline. “My thought was that it made more sense to set the comic series in, I hate to use the word but, the classic period of the X-Files,” explained Spotnitz. ”Mulder and Scully are both still at the F.B.I. working in Mulder’s basement office. The Lone Gunmen are around. Skinner is around. It’s the heart of what everybody knows and loves about the X-Files. “It would just be too difficult to address how fluid the world of the X-Files is at this time. So it just made easier to set it in the past.” Spotnitz revelead the special scheduled for July is a stand-alone, ‘monster of the week’ story set somewhere between Season 2 and Season 5.

There, all the info gathered in one nice little post! :)

Edited by Orodromeus